Landed Immigrant Visitor Visa for Diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I was wondering if anyone knew if the new American law about Landed Immigrants needing Visa's as of March 17, 2003 will affect my froends going on any charters into US waters. I saw alot of conflicting information about UK Landed Immigrants and was wondering if any of you out there knew the right answer.

Thanks,
The new guy.

UpperCanDiver once bubbled...
Hi Everyone

I was wondering if anyone knew if the new American law about Landed Immigrants needing Visa's as of March 17, 2003 will affect my froends going on any charters into US waters. I saw alot of conflicting information about UK Landed Immigrants and was wondering if any of you out there knew the right answer.

Thanks,
The new guy.

This is true, if your a landed immigrant and havn't taken the plunge to become a citizen you will now require a visa, at a 100.00US. All the info can be found on the Passport Canada site

Tom

Beginning March 17, 2003, all landed immigrants in Canada seeking to enter the United States as non-immigrants must possess a valid passport and non-immigrant visa in order to enter.
There is no change to the Visa Waiver Program in place for UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Brunei and Singapore Nationals.
The change will affect all others that were at one time exempt under the VWP.

If you fall into the above noted countries, just have your passport and proof of LI Status.( LI Status will allow yu to re-enter Canada without a hassle)

If you do not fall into these above listed countries, you will need a Visa that runs $100.00 USD. You may also need to book an appointment with the US Consulate to get the Visa.

I may have missed some information.

Back
Top Bottom