Largest Humboldt Squid ever filmed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jorbar1551:
plastic armour and chain mail are for wussies :)

I know!!:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I am president of the WWC (Worldwide Wussies Club) and as president I am expected to uphold the high standards of Wussiedom by example. This shot is my partner,and also president,( you see in the WWC every member of the club is president) trying to avoid contact with a tiny squid(what a wussie!), like all of our members he sports the Wussie armor to protect his arms.

P1010040.jpg

So far as a WWC member(and upstanding president) I have no injuries because Im too much of a wussie to dive with no armor.:no

:D

GTB
http://www.sea-wolves.com

ahh... you have the Fathoms port eh?

My buddy has the same system as yours.. loves it. You had any issues with your external monitor?

I will be honest,

I was at first put off by the external monitor. I am used to shooting with the eye piece, using my face as a third section to stablize the camera for a more smooth shot. When I saw the new systems I was concerned that the monitor would make it more difficult to keep my shot stable.

I was wrong, It was easier for me to get the shots I was supposed to because I could keep my frame on fast moving action easier. And with the new ports we could get everything in the shot. that port does make stuff seem far away in very clear water though. We came up on a lone manta in the blue water and it swam with me, we got the shot of it but me and him seem real far away after we looked at the clip. Im being stupid though because the lens has fantastic qualities, and it took several shots by large squid and came back un scratched or hurt in any way (thank goodness) At one point in the video you can hear the beak of the squid biting the aluminum on the port and the beak scraping on the ridges in the aluminum.

The monitor never failed me. Of course we were over cautious about battery changes and such and we checked our stuff over and over before each dive.

I only got to see the footage on my camera monitor at dinner, then I had to turn over the tapes. I cant wait to see what it comes out like after the edit.

GTB
http://www.sea-wolves.com

Very cool, can't wait for the finished show :)

Back
Top Bottom