Last minute christmas bonaire vacation airfare

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvrliz1

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi All!

Ed and I were deciding if we could afford to go back to the states for the holidays as we have not been back in 5 years.

Well, wow!!!!

We decided to go back Thanksgiving week as Christmas time is the start of high season on the island. This is what we found:

For those of you familiar with Spirit Airlines (they fly out of the smaller airports), We got a flight Sat-Sat Thanksgiving week for $450.00 out of Aruba. We got a great connection times from Bonaire to Aruba on DAE for $200.00. We are flying into Atlantic City (my family is all in south jersey...for those of you that under stand off the GSP exits 58-34...lol)

I did also find AMAZING fares on Continental for Christmas week. Out of Newark you can get a RT ticket to Bonaire for $587.80 which includes taxes and out of Houston $664.30 which also includes taxes, etc.

These are amazing prices as last year Christmas week was anywhere between $850 and $1,100 RT easy.

Spirit is also having great sales right now, so check them out as well at Spirit Airlines - cheap tickets, cheap flights, discount airfare, cheap hotels, cheap car rentals, cheap travel. You do have to pay for luggage and if you want to pick your seat ahead of time, but even with those extra costs, they are cheaper than the major airlines at the holiday time.

Well just thought I would share some of the flight information I found while I was searching for our own.....

Liz

Not to rain on the parade but flew spirit this summer and would avoid them like the plague that they are IMHO. they changed our flight time from good times to horrible ones without notification, they charge for luggage and charge for any seat but middle ones. maybe it will work for you but for whatever its worth I'd rather walk ( or just fly a different airline).
bob

I used them earlier this year and no problems. Make sure you pay extra for the wide seats, well worth the extra money.

fraser...

So sorry you had a bad experience. We have flown them often, and really have had good luck. We've flown them from San Juan to AC and Aruba to AC before. All airlines have their problems, we've been fortunate. Even with the paying for baggage, they were the cheapest we could find!

Liz

Spirit airlines is, to me, the discount of all discount airlines. I flew with them Ft. Lauderdale to San Pedro Sula and return this summer. If all you need is a space to sit for a short trip, they are much better than airlines flying smaller aircraft. If you want service on board pick another airline. I was travelling on my own this summer, so it was not a problem. My wife has a different standard that she looks for and would not do well on Spirit.

The flights that I took were less than three hours and both were late night flights. The aircraft look a bit worn inside, but the flights left on time and I had no problems with luggage.

I have flown with a number of small regional carriers over the years. Some are better than others. If your deciding factor is cost, then Spirit will do. Quite honestly I would pick them over DAE if they flew into Bonaire (now there is an airline with some challenges making departure and arrival times).

When we choose airlines there are many factors. I am willing to pay a bit more at times to avoid longer overall travel due to multiple stops.

Back
Top Bottom