Last run of CHEAP discontinued Canon housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!
Hello Debby,
Thank you for shopping at the Canon eStore! Your order is ready to ship and will arrive within 5 to 7 business days

LineProduct DescriptionItem-CodeQtyStatusPrice
1Waterproof Case WP-DC81592B001AA
1Shipped$240.00
Sub Total: $240.00
Promotional Discount: $-176.00
Tax: $4.56
Shipping And Handling: $11.99
Total: $80.55
No, it was NOT in the budget (the housing is cheap but the camera is going to cost about $250-$300) so I'm just going to put off installing a rudder on the kayak for another year. Heck, I've paddled it for two seasons without now anyway!

WOO HOO just in time for ITK and Nekton Pilot/Cay Sal Bank!!!!

THANKS TOM!!!

Ok...now that we have that settled...next YEAR, you need an external flash...
Fixed it for you. :D One of the reasons I picked the model I did is that the camera has a slave function.

That's good... big mahalo there for the fix.
I can't respond to the slave function - there's a lot more of that stuff down there in Hollywood and Dania Beach than up here.
It's a real shame when you get this gorgeous, perfectly framed shot, and there's bubbles in it from the regulator.
Debby, a rebreather would really help you avoid that AND get nice and close to the fishies so you could use that macro function to full advantage.

A rebreather, eh...now THERE is something that won't be in my budget for the next 11 or so years.

But I did forget to mention that the A630 allows you to get closer to your subject than the A570IS which ended up being another deciding factor. That and the A630 takes 4 AA batteries instead of two, so the flash fires quicker.

Now that the housing is on the way (and what about my free shipping? I need to contact them about that) it's time to hunt down a new A630...I don't want a refurb because I want the full warranty.

WOW my housing is here! WOO HOO that was quick. It is a thing of beauty. Tom, thanks again, the cheapest I found the same housing anywhere else was about $168 on eBay.

Now to find a new A630...going to start a new thread about that.

I got the SD1000 and DC13. I've been shooting an old SD300 forever so this will be quite an upgrade!

Thanks for the tip. I've got a friend who is coming to S'pore in Dec to help me get a G9 housing! ;-)

Just ordered my housing today and found a priority code for 15% off until June 15th. Priority code is 15105. Total including shipping is $75.98! Can't beat that!!!

I went and got a housing for my A720. I had previously owned the Canon A70 and Canon housing but was never wild at all about the build area in the o-ring area. Other sundry peoples intimated that Canon had indeed reengineered the way the o-rings were positioned in the housing, and the A720 housing confirmed that.
For $75, I don't have to worry about the camera on the boat or people barfing on my camera anymore..
I still have the A620 in a an Ikelite housing that never gets used much since the LCD screen is so hard to see. I just like the A620 topside better than the A720 with the tilt scrfeen and 4 AA's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom