Latest images and manual white balance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gladtobehere

Registered
Reaction score
Below are some of the my first photos from yesterday from my A80 since my last post and trying manual white balance - what a difference! Of course, a few questions:

- What are the red remnants in some of the photos? I posted the first two as extreme examples but others have more subtle remanants as in the schooling shot. I did notice this red on the lcd while shooting and wasn't sure what it was or if it would come out in the photos.

Is this due to incorrect white balance and camera not being able to handle it? I hope so and that it is not the camera going bad because it is also just started giving me a low battery indication intermittently when I am sure the batteries are good which worries me just before my next vacation - not sure if this is a coincidence.

- Where do you keep your dive slate? I need to attach is somewhere on the front of my bc because in my pocket was kind of awkward if I need to balance at different moments. I was balancing against the sand when in a pinch.

- How often to you change the white balance on a single dive? It seems like I needed to do it quite a few times especially the wreck I was on because I would switch from macro to wide and need to rebalance.

- Does the white balance need to be reset if I change from M to TV to P? Just curious - of course I only shoot in M!! :D

Also, the photos have been cropped and photoshopped to the best of my (limited) ability. And I think I can link from Kodak Gallery.

Any other hints are appreciated. Diving again on Saturday here in Florida and will post again and then on to Bonaire and Aruba!

Thanks!

Marc

951585587303_0_ALB.jpg

511975587303_0_ALB.jpg

902585587303_0_ALB.jpg

740006587303_0_ALB.jpg

908195587303_0_ALB.jpg

482206587303_0_ALB.jpg

Photos aren't showing up, for me at least. :(

Nope, not showing up for me, either.

Oh, NOW they're showing up! :D

Really love those eel shots, they have amazing detail.

No idea why the first two came out so red though; I'm sure an expert will jump in and help... :wink:

gladtobehere:
Here is a link to the gallery at Kodak Gallery. I guess I can't link directly to the photos. I have been using the gallery on scubadiving.com but they ran into technical difficulties and the gallery there is not available. I'll try to figure out a place photos directly here.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=14fygqu7.228bvx47&x=0&y=-h87s2d

Marc

Marc: I just had the same problem trying to embed photos from Kodak also.... they don't allow it. So I'm having my photos hosted at dropfiles.net for free so that I could embed them for critiquing.

BTW... I like the Eel too.

Oh, wait... two of them are showing up now. Maybe they do allow it but they're just slow coming up?

Back
Top Bottom