Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The active divers are the ones that are still breathing. When you stop, you become inactive quickly.

Don’t blame the people who don’t/won’t answer the phone, blame the infestation of telemarketers and phone scammers that ruined peoples’ trust.
Well, if my phone is ringing, I answer, even if I don't recognise the number. Period.
Then, if is scam, I politely say "Go **** yourself.".
I think this not answering behaviour is a symptom of something sick.

You have a valid purpose
You know what you are doing
You can prove who you are
You give me 10 questions or less
I might answer the questions
I cannot tell you how many times I tried to cooperate and got pissed off at another stupid question for which I did not like my options and bailed on the questionaire.

Just remember you can call any questionaire at any time for any reason.
I too have dumped in the middle of a survey, for reasons that make me less likely to agree to them in the first place as time goes on.

Poorly constructed leading questions that clearly predetermine the result are the worst offenders, and surprisingly common in my experience.

Poorly constructed leading questions that clearly predetermine the result are the worst offenders, and surprisingly common in my experience.
Sadly, those are probably not poorly constructed questions. They are probably artfully constructed to guarantee that the survey will turn out the way the people paying for it want it to turn out.

Back
Top Bottom