Laundry in Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepocean1

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this, we are leaving in two weeks and will be staying at the Las Rocas. Was just wondering if they have this service or you just go to town at the laundry mat... Thanks for any feed back..

Or use your sink. :) I always pack a flat rubber sink stopper, some soap packets, and braided rubber tubing that works like magic for a pinless clothesline.

Well if you are staying at Las Rocas you must be renting one of the condos. Each of the condos are individually owned. So it depends on if the owner has installed a washer and dryer. Most likely they have. Provide me the unit number or owner name and I will ask the condo rental manager. If all else fails, Ed's Laundry is located 15 minutes from the condo. I believe Ed still has a drop off service. Any Taxi should be able to get you to Ed's
Good diving in Roatan.

As a more general answer to all...

At any guest house/AI, there will either be an offered laundry service or one will be if you ask the "front desk". Contact them via email or upon arrival. Failing that, ask your maid... either she will - or knows a friend who won't mind making a few extra dollars.

Laundry service is fairly universal, but yes- carry a length of string and plastic clips!

Here's a link to the type of clothesline I use, though I made my own years ago using light surgical tubing and tiny electrical cable ties. Mine has a 1' length of single tubing on each end to tie to whatever. Mine's in France right now with relatives but I'll have to get it back before I leave in a couple of weeks. Happy trails...

MakoSince70:
Well if you are staying at Las Rocas you must be renting one of the condos. Each of the condos are individually owned. So it depends on if the owner has installed a washer and dryer. Most likely they have. Provide me the unit number or owner name and I will ask the condo rental manager. If all else fails, Ed's Laundry is located 15 minutes from the condo. I believe Ed still has a drop off service. Any Taxi should be able to get you to Ed's
Good diving in Roatan.

Are there 2 Las Rocas? The one i stayed at was on West Bay Beach and wasnt condo - more of a cabana room type thing, small and rustic type resort (maybe it's changed in the last year or so)- we loved it and met some great people - they do have a laundry on site and might wash your clothes - we just used the sink!! Have a great trip - Hilary

Yes, if you are standing on West Bay Beach facing the ocean, to the right of the small restaurant and dive center is the condo unit. A two story concrete unit with maybe 6-8 condos.

hil71:
Are there 2 Las Rocas? The one i stayed at was on West Bay Beach and wasnt condo - more of a cabana room type thing, small and rustic type resort (maybe it's changed in the last year or so)- we loved it and met some great people - they do have a laundry on site and might wash your clothes - we just used the sink!! Have a great trip - Hilary

I think the condos are privately owned, The Las Rocas resort is a group of wooden cabins, set on the waterfront. Very simple, but very well run. I am sure an operation like Las Rocas would have a laundry service.

Back
Top Bottom