LCD back monitor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulpost

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Postum LCD monitor that I've tried to mount in my Sony MPK-TRV1 housing with some Velcro strips but the monitor got so hot that the strips melted..
Does anybody has experience with this monitors? Are they supposed to get hot or I have to get a different brand and what brand do you guys recommend.
Any help will be very appreciated.
Thank you.
Paul

WOW, hot enough to melt the velcro sttrips. I would say that something is probably wrong but I'm not an expert on electronics.
I use a Marshall V-lcd4-p-02 mounted using double sided tape.

Strange... what kind of power supply are you using for the LCD?

drbill:
Strange... what kind of power supply are you using for the LCD?
I use a 12 volt rechargeable pack that gives out 2.8 amps/hour. I've chosen it because it has a 3 hours life time as long as I cannot turn it off while I'm recording. The LCD got hot but no signs of damage . The LCD is a cheap one just $65.

crpntr133:
WOW, hot enough to melt the Velcro strips. I would say that something is probably wrong but I'm not an expert on electronics.
I use a Marshall V-lcd4-p-02 mounted using double sided tape.
To be more specific the strips them self did not get melted just the glue that is on the back of the strips got melted making the LCD to fall inside the housing.
Regarding the Marshall monitor does it have a 1/8" input for video?

paulpost:
To be more specific the strips them self did not get melted just the glue that is on the back of the strips got melted making the LCD to fall inside the housing.
Regarding the Marshall monitor does it have a 1/8" input for video?

Still too warm.

Here are the details on the Marshall LCD. It doesn't have the 1/8 input but it wouldn't be hard to adapt it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom