Lead Shot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know where I can get some lead shot to make some weight with. I called around and I cant find any.

I got a bag of shot at The Market Of K. Check any guns&ammo shop. Larger size shot, (lower number), is easier to keep in the bag, in case you were wondering.

DC

Bass Pro Shops, Shreveport has it in stock, don't know if you have one near you though. Call the range and ask for a local custom ballistic shop; usually a guy working out of a building on his property but he usually has everything you need. The guy near me is $25.00 cheaper for a 25lb bag then BPS, $30 vs $55. Don't give up, you live in TX, someone near you has reloading supplies.

Call your local gun club find a place that has reloading supplies.

If you buy on line most places have you buy two bags which I assume is more than you need.

Reclamined shot is cheaper now than regular shot so ask if they have reclamined shot.

Just can't figure...ya can't find "shot" in TEXAS? Thats like not finding any cars/trucks in Michigan!! Gun clubs, trap shooting, any sport store should be able to hook ya up.....regards

Heres a post to a guy in California shipping reclaimed shot his last post stated that his supply was temp halted email him and see how it's coming. Reclaimed Shot, Southern California $20/bag

In general new shot is running $35 a bag right now. Most places online sell it in two bag quantatites. If your going to order you will want as big as you can get. The smaller the # the bigger the shot. #5 may be the biggest you find through most reloading suppliers and not pay a fortune. The reclaimed stuff will be a mix of 7.5-8. And is running 20-25 a bag.

If it were me I would drive to my local gun club and buy 1 bag for $35 for 25lbs unless I needed 50lbs then I would find some reclaimed shot online.

If you are getting into making soft bags you can buy very large quantaties of reclaimed shot at about $0.65 cents a pound but we are talking thousands of pounds here and they will have to ship it to you freight unless you can arrange a time when they are in your area. And I"m sure they come to Texas.

here is 50lbs of reclaimed lead shot shipped for $70 http://www.rotometals.com/product-p/lead_shot_reclaim_clean.htm

Seems a little high if the other guy gets his supply back he would be the same amount of shot shipped for $53.00

Do you really need shot?

Used tire balancing weights are free by the bucket-full.

Back
Top Bottom