Leak Sentinel Leak Detector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear troll

In fact if you can read English that's not what i wrote. But maybe you can't read
Try again and see if you get the meaning
It is a quote of exactly what you wrote Frenchy. Where do you buy these magical housings that will not fog on the port? I want one! :)

Let me try again
Condensation in an aluminum housing occurs on the metal not on the ports

So a personal with normal IQ would read condensation in an aluminum housing happens on the metal and not on the port. As in this is where condensation forms as the metal as higher thermal conductivity than the ports and cools down sooner. Once the condensation is formed it can move around to go on the port for example if you tilt the camera. This is because thermal conductivity of aluminum is around 1000 times glass and acrylic so it cools down sooner and that's where the condensation occurs.

Now you could start and tell me that if you have a 5 inch long flat port the port itself could cool down and maybe the glass would reach a microclimate and fog first, but am sure you are not going to do that?

Let me try again

So a personal with normal IQ would read condensation in an aluminum housing happens on the metal and not on the port. As in this is where condensation forms as the metal as higher thermal conductivity than the ports and cools down sooner. Once the condensation is formed it can move around to go on the port for example if you tilt the camera. This is because thermal conductivity of aluminum is around 1000 times glass and acrylic so it cools down sooner and that's where the condensation occurs.

Now you could start and tell me that if you have a 5 inch long flat port the port itself could cool down and maybe the glass would reach a microclimate and fog first, but am sure you are not going to do that?
So your IQ is so high that you believe that condensation can not form on the port of an aluminum housing. You are very smart indeed!:dork:

Let me try again

So a personal with normal IQ would read condensation in an aluminum housing happens on the metal and not on the port.
You are really going to double down on this? Do you really believe this? Have you actually used a camera in cold water? I still want to know where I can buy the magical aluminum housings that can't form condensation on the ports. My Aquatica, Nauticam, and Olympus housings must be defective. They all can form condensation on their ports. :shakehead:

Send me a few pictures with the steps you do to set it up and what activity you do strobe not video etc. my housing doesn't condense here in 8C. Might have to do with the camera and not the air

---------- Post added April 3rd, 2014 at 07:25 PM ----------

So a personal with normal IQ would read condensation in an aluminum housing happens on the metal and not on the port

Even with my supposed low IQ, am perfectly able to minimize the incidence of condensation, I just want one of the magical aluminum housings that can't form condensation on the port!!!! Please do tell how you find one!:chuckle:

Last edited:
This is a forum to get ideas and help if you are happy with your housing fogging and just wanted to have a rant than so be it

---------- Post added April 4th, 2014 at 08:17 AM ----------

Just want to add a little bit of other info

vacuum may actually increase the humidity in the housing
Example: housing with 100 grams of air 2 grams of moisture in the air 0.5 grams of moisture trapped in the camera. Moisture/Air 2.5/100=2.5%

Create vacuum -200 mbar 80 grams of air 1.6 grams of moisture in the air 0.5 grams of moisture trapped in the camera. Moisture/Air 2.1/80=2.625%

I would say that is not possible to draw any conclusions on the effect of vacuum as the amount of moisture in the camera is unknown but certainly not zero so things could actually get worse with more vacuum

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom