Leaky inflator button?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've rinsed in a couple times since the dives and still no luck. I tested it last night by hooking up to a tank with about 1200 psi in it and just waiting. Within 10-15 minutes it was totally spread out, inflated. I had not realized how cheap (and theoretically easy to replace) the inflator is. I have a Cressi BC and I like it a lot, but I never like the inflator - ergonomically speaking. I might just use this as an excuse to replace it. I've been looking online and see several that could do the job. I'm also considering one that has the built in horn thing for both under or above water. I know some people don't like these - but the idea makes sense to me. Anyone want to talk me out of it?

I'm also considering one that has the built in horn thing for both under or above water. I know some people don't like these - but the idea makes sense to me. Anyone want to talk me out of it?
Yes. I recommend buying an inflator and then adding a Dive Alert inline with it. It's easier to field repair/replace gear when on trips of you use simple, standard components.

Before you give up on your current inflator, I recommend soaking it overnight in vinegar. If you are afraid it might hurt the corrugated hose (which I don't really think is a potential problem), just remove it from the hose and soak just the inflator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom