Leisure pro's Tusa package #3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Understand that the Atom for $689 MSRP does not include the wireless transmitter. It's $419 more unless you bundle it for $999.

Oceanic Worldwide - Personal Dive Computers - Atom 2.0 Wristwatch

Same with the VT3 - MSRP on it is $639 or $949 bundled.

Oceanic Worldwide - Personal Dive Computers - VT3

I'm just going off list - not sure what street prices are.

Holy Crap, so leisurepro's prices really are way cheaper lol They have the Atom 2.0 w/ transmitter for 699$ and the VT3 w/ transmitter for 899$ (wonder how much the 3.0 will run)

I believe that's true but since I'm not Nitrox certified, I'll leave that for someone else to answer definitively.

I dive an Atomic T2 and at one time there was a restriction for it since it's Titanium, however the new T2x doesn't seem to have it.

Interesting, and yeah I don't really understand/see the difference between the two either. I asked those questions above because if everything has to be oxy clean and requires longer/more expensive down/clean times..I'd have to look more into the advantages of nitrox diving. I suppose buying gear capable of it doesn't hurt just in case either way though.

-Evo

Just to follow up:

The VT3 and 2.0 are identical in operation, the only difference is that the VT3 is a "wrist" computer(bigger) and has 3 buttons whereas the Atom 2.0 is a "watch" computer capable of functioning as an every day watch with 4 buttons. To add to this comparison the Atom 3.0 is also identical to the above computers more so the Atom 2.0 and differs from it in these ways:

Dual Algorithms (Bugimann and DSAT)
Deep Stops
Does not have a Oxygen accumulation bar graph

Hope that helps whoever reads this.

-Evo

To answer the nitrox questions, I know of no regs that are not compatible with mixes 40% and down. There were warnings about only using titanium regs with mix or only using them with air (no going back and forth) but that was probably a sales pitch.

Hi Folks,

This is my first post. I'm just getting started and entering the second week of my PADI openwater. I'm loving it so far and am absolutly thrilled to get into the ocean. I'm sure this sounds overly ambitious but I'm considering trying to get into commercial Scuba work on Vancouver island as there appears to be opportunities in the Aquaculture industry (I have a commercial dive school in my sites). I'm a biologist and I'm thinking that I may be able to combine some further scuba training to enable me to do some assessment work as well.

So I'm posting in this thread because I'm wondering about some of these PACKAGE deals on Leisurepro and if there are certain packages that are suitable to what I'm thinking of doing? I know that I'd need a trialam or otherwise rubberized (non-neoprene) drysuit for ease of cleanup after working in fish pens but beyond that I'm uncertain about a suitable BCD or other components. I'm somewhat hesitant to speak to my openwater instructor about this as I'm a bit embarassed about not supporting the LDS with my big purchases....

I've found a mask (Hollis M1) that fits nicely and will likely buy that from my LDS and I've found some H.O.G. tech fins on Craigslist as well as some Rockets so I'll probably try and pick one of those up.

Anyways regardless of what happens with employment pipedreams I am committed to doing some diving on the BC Coast so either way I'm going to want to get set-up with some sort of package from leisurepro or scubatoys and am hoping that I can get an entry level package that might also be suitable to get me started on a commercial course - any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

Back
Top Bottom