Leisurepro Experience with Suunto Vyper Wrist Computers

In Regards to LeisurePro.com Suunto Computers?

• Good on their word to sell the same quality products like Suunto OEM

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Good on their warranty for their Suunto Computers, I will post why?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gonna screw you, and I will post why?

• Their Suunto computers are reliable, I will post why?

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Their Suunto computers are not reliable, I will post why?

• NOT Good on their on their warranty for their Suunto Computers

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackknife

Reaction score
Very important question? I would rather buy the Suunto Vyper wrist mount from my dive shop, but Leisurepro is selling the same computer for almost $200 bucks cheaper. It is almost too tough of a deal to let pass.

The question I have for you guys who have had first hand experience with Leisurepro is how is the quality of the Suunto Vyper Wrist Mount computers, how does Leisurepro get stock of these items?

Reason I ask is? I just got off the phone with one of their sales people and asked that very question? He tells me that they get their products from "all over, everywhere, including Europe". That to me sounded kinda shady, considering the fact that he openly admitted that they are NOT Authorized to sell Suunto Products, and that if I purchased it from them I would in turn get a Leisurepro warranty that would be honored by them as if they were acting in the manufacturers place. Geez what's a guy to do to get a deal. LDS is a rip, and I'm sick and tired of it.

What experiences have you guys had in regards to their computers? I am so close to buying it from them, I was itchin' last night to buy it on their website. But I was holdin' back until I did my research.

Better yet, if any of you have a brand new Suunto Vyper (wrist mount) that was purchased from an "real storefront" LDS with the valid warranty information, I may be interested in buying from you directly. It has to be perfect no scratches, bumps, dings, dents, electronic defects, buttons don't work, etc..., or you can just forget it, and it's gotta be dirt cheap. Sorry just tellin' you the truth (PM me if you are serious, tanks!)

I already own a Vytec and I spent the full price on it, this Vyper Wrist mount will be used as a backup and it has to be as b-tchn' as my Vytec.

Buy it from LP and save your $200. If you would do a search using Leisure Pro you would have found that there are many of us who have and continue to have great service with LP. My Vyper came from them and it works fine. If you are not comfortable with them, buy it from your local shop. Don't let anyone on this board talk you into anything. If things don't go right then you'll tend to want to blame them. Make your decision and stick with it.

Why do you say your LDS is a rip? If they are a rip why are you considering buying from them and asking others opinions? You bought your other computer from them? Did they put a gun to your head? Don't be upset with your LDS about the price, you bought it. Or are you really mad at yourself because you did not know about LP b4 you bought the Vytec?

5615mike once bubbled...
Buy it from LP and save your $200. If you would do a search using Leisure Pro you would have found that there are many of us who have and continue to have great service with LP. My Vyper came from them and it works fine. If you are not comfortable with them, buy it from your local shop. Don't let anyone on this board talk you into anything. If things don't go right then you'll tend to want to blame them. Make your decision and stick with it.

Why do you say your LDS is a rip? If they are a rip why are you considering buying from them and asking others opinions? You bought your other computer from them? Did they put a gun to your head? Don't be upset with your LDS about the price, you bought it. Or are you really mad at yourself because you did not know about LP b4 you bought the Vytec?

I like my LDS don't get me wrong, and "no they didn't put a gun to my head" like you said, I'm just being cheap, and I do want to shop around and get a good deal just like anyone else. No harm in that, right?

By the way, we are on a board where everyone gets to ask other people's opinions right? So why are you assuming that I'm mad at anyone? I'm not. Let's get that fact straight "LikeMike". I appreciate your advice on Leisurepro none the less.

I bought my Suunto Vyper at LP and have had nothing but fun...and saved more than $150US from the LDS price, after shipping.

As for your desire for a dirt cheap mint condition Vyper....(you want the LP price, with a warranty...as far as I can tell) I wish you luck and hope you find one.

Jackknife once bubbled...

I like my LDS don't get me wrong, and "no they didn't put a gun to my head" like you said, I'm just being cheap, and I do want to shop around and get a good deal just like anyone else. No harm in that, right?

By the way, we are on a board where everyone gets to ask other people's opinions right? So why are you assuming that I'm mad at anyone? I'm not. Let's get that fact straight "LikeMike". I appreciate your advice on Leisurepro none the less.

Hey man.......no problem. I just thought you sounded like you were a bit pi@@ed at your LDS. Asking for those opinions is fine, I did not really verbalize myself well. What I meant to say is don't let others opinions change your mind if you have a pre-set notion. If you do, you can end up very disappointed like I said.

You can be cheap, we all have that right my man. I am right there along with you. I used to have the screw it.....I'll buy from the cheapest source attitude because I did not do any local diving. Mine was all done in Caribbean. I mean why should I care. I have since changed my tune and am starting to do local diving. With that, I have found an LDS that I like and will buy from barring any huge difference in cost. You won't be sorry on your LP purchase if you go that way but if you buy local then you do have that "local presence". Good luck with the purchase and you'll enjoy your Vyper

5615mike once bubbled...

Hey man.......no problem. I just thought you sounded like you were a bit pi@@ed at your LDS. Asking for those opinions is fine, I did not really verbalize myself well. What I meant to say is don't let others opinions change your mind if you have a pre-set notion. If you do, you can end up very disappointed like I said.

You can be cheap, we all have that right my man. I am right there along with you. I used to have the screw it.....I'll buy from the cheapest source attitude because I did not do any local diving. Mine was all done in Caribbean. I mean why should I care. I have since changed my tune and am starting to do local diving. With that, I have found an LDS that I like and will buy from barring any huge difference in cost. You won't be sorry on your LP purchase if you go that way but if you buy local then you do have that "local presence". Good luck with the purchase and you'll enjoy your Vyper

Thanks bud. I will wait to see if anyone comes up with a better deal first on what I'm looking for, if not Leisurepro will be where I go.

Can the Vyper alternate between Imperial & Metric? If not, what version are folks getting from LP? I'd hate to get one "obtained in Europe" only to find it's in metric. For some reason I can use metric just fine at work, but when it comes to diving, I'm still thinkin' in Imperial! :)

Jim

My Vytec has the option of going to Metric or Imperial, this should be the case with the Vyper, but I will inquire with whomever I choose to purchase the Vyper from that the wrist mount computer does indeed have the capability.

I'd ask to talk to the floor manager or owner and say just what you said above. Be as sincere as you can and let them know that you WANT to spend your money with them but you can't ignore the prices you find on line (I wouldn't mention LP by name unless asked to prove the pricing).

Don't forget to allow for the cost of shipping, local tax (if any) and the benefit of not having to wait 1 week to 10 days for your computer.

I have found shops willing to work with me on this on-line buying issue. So long as I don't come across with an attitude of "you're trying to rip me off." Most owners, even if you can't agree on a deal, have been at least grateful for the chance to earn my business.

John

I find myself faced with the same dilemma. We really like our LDS owner, and he has gone out of his way for us in the past. That plus the warranty might just be enough to keep our business despite the price difference. The other really nice benefit for us is that we will be able to get some expert training at the store, and on our next trip with this dive shop.

One interesting thing our LDS told us on this very subject is that Suunto REQUIRES that they not discount below a certain floor price (apparently 10% off of MSRP.) IF they do, the warranty is void, just as with LP. Having some experience in the authorized distributor world, I have seen similar requirements quite often. This is how companies maintain the value and price point of their product, as they don't have to worry about authorized distributors undercutting eachother in a bidding war, which can result in driving the market value down. Also, when your dustributors can't make any money on your product, they quickly find something else to sell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom