Lembeh Resort - May 2008 - more muck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice report, beautiful images! (love the nudi shots)
Did you see the Rhinopias aphanes (lacey scorpionfish) as well? It's usually in the same vicinity as the Paddle-flap, at the same dive site (Aer Prang).

We've been lucky to see both species almost every day for the past 2 weeks or so....

Great set of photos! Thanks. I was in Bunaken and the Togean's this March, but never made it to Lembeh. Looks like I will have to go back there....

Oh to be diving now..

oh wow what a great trip report..... manado is only a short flight away from where I'm based... These pics inspire me to be there now. Good thing is i'll be on bunaken side of north sulawesi 2 july to 9 july....wooo hooo!

this is one of the best ways to get people interested in muck diving :) can't wait to search out the shy dugongs and the strange critters again even though this will be my fourth trip there in 2 years.

thanks for the inspiration,

TM

Harley, sorry but there are no Lacey Scorpion fish in Lembeh. It is a Weedy. The Lacey you can find in PNG and maybe raja Ampat. Check your books ;-))

Harley, sorry but there are no Lacey Scorpion fish in Lembeh. It is a Weedy. The Lacey you can find in PNG and maybe raja Ampat. Check your books ;-))

Funny Rob, I once thought the very same, but we just had a Ph.D in Pacific Ichthyology (specializing in PNG!) here who advised that it is indeed far closer to the Lacey species than Weedy. Lembeh also has the Ambon scorpionfish, at certain times...

I have some nice images of both, if you are interested!

I also used to say "there are no whalesharks in Lembeh" until one swam right under me at Angel's Window in March! Surprise, surprise!:wink:
Regards,
Harley

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom