Lembeh: Two Fish or NAD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thaibass

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Lembeh in late August. We have been in contact with both Two Fish and NAD, but are unable to decide between the two. Two Fish is a fair bit cheaper, but NAD offers wifi and A/C. However neither of them has an abundance of pictures on their respective websites, so we were hoping to solicit some feedback from the SB community. We're not particularly interested in Bunaken, so we are just comparing NAD with Two Fish Lembeh.
A bit of background on us... we have both worked for many years on liveaboards in Thailand and Burma, and have been diving all over the world (she's been even more places than me :bash:). We know that all companies dive the same sites, the real difference is the people.

Please, help us decide by telling us what you think...

Thanks in advance!

p.s. Both businesses have been courteous AND prompt in their replies.

Last edited:
I have not been to Two Fish, but only came back from NAD this Wednesday. I like NAD a lot.

A/C helped us a lot in getting good sleep in this hot and humid climate, not just during the night (it does get cooler), but also during the day when we took an afternoon nap before heading out for the afternoon boat dive. I think this is something you might consider.

Only know Two Fish, but one of their dive guides, Opo, has many years of experience, and arguably the best guide in Lembeh Area. Seems to know where everything is. You see it, and he can open up the book and show it to you.
One thing he taught me, if you're not seeing enough, go slower.

As I understand, NAD has strong focus on UW photography, if you're doing that.

Another place to consider is Bastiano's, which is between the two. Stayed with them 3 years running, usually about 3 weeks at a time. I really like the place, and rates seem reasonable. Also AC, and it does make the nights far more pleasant.

I agree Opo of Two Fish is a terrific guide and a fun and very outgoing guy (many of the guides are a little shy) . He will sing and play guitar for you. I have been diving with him several years in a row
. Do as many night dives as you can in Lembeh. It's great fun.

On a night dive we saw a crab spawning at Pantai Parigi dive site. Very cool. Good shallow spot for night dives if you are looking for crabs and big Spanish dancers.

i've been twice at NAD and i am definitely going to go there again in the near future (although i would love to use Lembeh Resort's luxury for a change!)

I have no clue about two fish's service but i know i have no complain what so ever from NAD's group!

A/C is a must! Wi fi is a good way to communicate back home!

Thanks everyone for your input. We'll be making a decision soon, and I'll post a trip report when we get back!

I went with two fish. Although it was 2 years ago so my feedback may be dated, not all op's in that area dive the same sites. I dove an average of 4 dives a day for 3 weeks with them. There were only a handful of dives I saw other ops boats around. I think there were only 2 dives I actually saw other divers on. They won't limit you on dive times, my average time was over 70 minutes with a max of 90. I personally think the cottages at 2 Fish are fine for accommodation and the food was good. My main point is in most area's your contention that the dive ops all go to the same places is generally true, but not here. So some thought should be given to the quality of diving being provided.

I am off to Lembeh and Bunaken this Sunday with 2fish again. I went last year and was amazed at what I saw. Opo is considered to be one of the best guides in Lembeh but he is in big demand so you might be lucky.

I didn't miss A/C as I am never up early enough to defog my housing. Slept well during the night in late August early Sept and the cabins are large and comfortable and the food was good.

For the price it is hard to beat 2fish if you have more $$$'s then other options may suit you better.

Three of us dived with 2 Fish couple of yrs ago.
A/C ? What for?
Food is simple but adequate. Buy some goodies in town if you like snack in the afternoon. We did not and never an issue for us.
Dive guide was knowledgeable and we were very impressed. How did he manage to spot all those tiny critters was beyond us.
Good value for money.

I too stayed with NAD, and will again. I stayed with 2fish on Bunaken and wont again. I think their Lembeh place is supposed to be better, but for me NAD was perfect. My guide was great. We had a boat for me and my friend with only one other person (and she didn't do all the dives with us so just us a few times). NAD staff and crew will def. take care of you without hesitation (I lost my wallet on a hired boat that took me out to the see the monkeys at the reserve... when I realized it Mike launched a boat immediately and we hunted them down with a flashlight and I got my stuff back. Amazing!).

I am sure you will like either place, but I have yet to hear a bad report about NAD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom