Lembongan dive op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeremyl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any advice on dive op... Hopefully place that doesn't cater to beginners, lets you dive your air time (esp since seems most op's only do 2 dives/day). I'll be diving for 3 days.

Curious if its 'more interesting' to base in PB and just go over for a day to see the Molas and Mantas. What is the 'other' diving like on Lembongan/NP? It's been >10yrs since I've been there. I remember really liking the chill vibe staying on Lembongan, but I think things have changed a lot.

I've done it with TwoFish long ago, but last year went with Sober Dive. They're a newer shop, newer equipment and prices are pretty cheap. To give you an idea of what they'll let you get away with, one of their dive masters took us to 48m one time to go after the mola.

I would time it to avoid New/full moon, as the unpredictable strong tides will ruin sunrise dive timing, which is the best chance to see molas and any sharks.

We dived with Tamarind Divers for 8 days just before the pandemic and were very satisfied with their operation and service. They grouped divers based on experience. We never felt we were short-changed on our air time. On the dive at Manta Point we had a dive master to ourselves and went deeper to see 2 Mola Molas.

Back
Top Bottom