Lens Caddy for wide angle lens for 860G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CDNScubaMoose

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

I just purchased the wide angle lens for my 860G. I noticed that there is a lens caddy for the sea-arm for the DX1G as well as for the 8000G. Wondering if you have one for the 860G or if one of the other lens caddy's would work?

Thanks

HI-
Unfortunately, the DX-750G and DX-860G cameras and associated W/A lenses did not have a lens caddy produced, as for the reason, we are unaware. The DX-860G lens does come with a tether to attach to the housing or can be attached in alternate ways when not in use.

I have the same issue.

There are times when I would like to dive with both the wide angle lens and the macro lens. I am reluctant to tether them both, as I'm afraid that they will collide with each other, when neither is attached to the normal lens bayonet mount.

Any suggestions?

The best solution is to tether your w/a lens to the camera tray using 2 snap swivels and heavy fishing line. The lens can be zip tied to one snap swivel and then the alternate end attached to the connector on the camera tray. An example swivel is here

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom