Lens Caddy for xz-1 and Sea & Sea Arms: 67mm screw lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guyharrisonphoto

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

I will be receiving next week my Olympus xz-1 with 2 S&S YS-01 strobes and arm kits.

I am also getting 67mm wide angle and macro wet lenses.

What lens caddy will fit onto the S&S arms?

I liked the Inon caddy but am not sure it will work as it seems to need an arm with holes in it, not a solid arm like S&S.

Any advice would surely be appreciated!

Guy

The Olympus wide-angle lens (seems to be the only one that works with the xz=1), and a Fantasea 4x macro.

yeah, I tested several WA and macro lenses on the PT-050 housing, only the Oly WA lens gave good results.

Scot

Thanks Scot,

Any thoughts on the lens caddy? Would the Inon work or do I need to look elsewhere?

What about the Fantasea lens holders? They say they mount on standard ball arms, would they work on the S&S arms?

Guy

You don't say which Sea &Sea arms. Many have a decorative orange strip that removes if you want to use a caddy.

You could make a "lens halyard" for your wide angle and macro lenses. Just get the wire ties that have a loop on the side, right before the "eye" that you put the other end of the wire tie into. Wrap that around the base of the lens, loop out. Then connect that loop with cave line or some other attachment that goes attaches to the base of the camera or if long enough to the strobe handle. Then you can flip off one and flip on the other without loosing the lens. The lens you are not using just hangs so I'd use the smallest halyard you can work with.

Sorry I can't draw you a picture.

If you want to PM me I might be able to show you with a picture of my old Sealife 500.

You don't say which Sea &Sea arms. Many have a decorative orange strip that removes if you want to use a caddy.

They are the compact arms with the deorative orange strip. So if I remove that strip then a caddy will work?

Also, Dver LS thanks for the suggestion but I can't have a rig where the lens hangs because I will be doing lots of macro in close quarters and I don't want things bumping the bottom.

Thanks everyone for responding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom