lens port for aquatica d90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozza

Registered
Reaction score
hi all, im looking to buy a 60mm lens port for my aquatica d90.

Aquatica do two one is only AF and I can buy it for £300, the other is MF and AF at £500 (I would also need to buy the gears)

my question is how much would i need MF the difference in price is a lot?

thanks in advance

thanks Chuck

With the 60mm, go for AF version, the manual overide starts to make senses if you start using longer lenses such as the 105mm with added close up lenses like +5 or +10 (AKA diopters or wet diopter), then the lens auto focus is all but useless.

the Nikon 60mm AF (especially the newer one) is impecable IMO.

Not to take exception with the experts above, but I used the 60 mm macro extensively on a liveaboard to Turks and Caicos recently. I arrived the week after Hurricane Irene blew through. The visibility was terrible so the 60 was the lens I used most. The AF is very good and very fast, but I found I still fiddled with the MF to control the depth of field. I was pretty happy with the results, especially for the first time using the lens...

Just sayin'! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom