Liftbag Bungeed to Bottom of Backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

somehow I doubt you would want to get the bag between your body and the c-strap. It would inhibit deployment....

Under (inside) the crotch strap or over it?
I have done it both ways.

Putting the bag 'under' the strap keeps it a bit more secure. While the position doesn't inhibit deployment (for me, at least), it does slow it down a bit. When I put the bag outside, it works well, but I have had the bag come out of one of the bungees a time or two, leaving me trailing a long orange tail on one occasion.

I have actually started positioning it at the bottom left of the plate, vertical instead of horizontal, and that works well, although I can reach it only with my left hand.

With me it depends on the bag I am using. If it's my 50lb dive rite bag it will fit in a pocket on my thigh. Bigger ones go on the plate. I have a couple subsalve commercial.bags and they won't fit under the crotch strap. If I know.for sure I am going to use the dr bag it gets bungeed to my stage bottle. That offers the fastest deployment for me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I carry mine vertically (it's a smb) and it is bungeed through holes in the plate and bungees are held in place with stainless washers on the back of the plate. SMB rides in a vertical position under my right arm directly above d-ring on waist belt.

I like liftbags attached on my backplate. SMBs go in a bellows pocket. I dont like putting things where they can dangle out of my slipstream.

I have done it both ways.

Thanks. Those were exactly my concerns. I guess nothing we do is without trade-offs.

My SMB is already in my left pocket, so the lift bag needs somewhere to go. This new one I have doesn't lend itself to clipping off on the tail ring as nicely/securely as my last one did, but the design is more what I'm looking for (open bottom and dump valve on top vs. bottom).

This is my in case of emergency buoyancy. I'll give it a try outside the strap for now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom