Light Case of Bent?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sahel578

Reaction score
Is it possible to have been lightly bent? Over the summer I have noticed that my right hand gets numb and my fingers will feel as if I have been mildly electrocuted.

My last dive trip was in Cozumel in May, which was uneventful besides my typical air hogging. But on a trip to Bali in March, I had a breech of stupidity and shot to the surface from 65 feet. I didn't seem to have any problems afterwards. Now I am just curious if this weirdness in my hands could be diving related.

I am an extremely healthy 27 year old female, a little underweight for my height, but other wise active. I dont smoke and only drink occasionally.

Any opinions?

Sounds more like Carpal Tunnel Syndrome to me. If you are right handed and use a computer all day.

Hello Sahel 578:

Mild DCS

It is absolutely possible to have mild DCS. Depending on the total volume [supposedly] of the free nitrogen that is released in certain tissues, DCS will be sub clinical [i.e., unnoticed], mild, or very painful.

Compressed Nerve

What you are describing sounds as if it is a problem traceable to a compressed nerve. One needs to speak to a physician concerning the onset, duration, and type of sensation that you are experiencing.

In short, I doubt that it is decompression problem. It could have its origin in straps on diving gear being too tight.

Dr Deco :doctor:

Thank you... it is a relief to know that I am not so lame as to possibly notice deco problems 3 months after my last dive. lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom