Like chum to the sharks....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the clarification, 24940 (May I call you "24" for short?). I wasn't complainin', just observing and musing, but your point is taken.

(Having been in sci/tech fields for a number of years, I've seen the eager swarming behaviors in other online and offline forums. Heck, I've participated -- before I met my girlfriend. If I called it wrong this time, no offense meant).
Cheers,
Prot

Call me John, if you like.

I think you observation is true in general, but not in the specific instance you cite. Certainly no offense taken by me. I don't allow myself to be offended by what I read on the net... That would be silly.

Hi all,

I couldn't help but notice a huge and statistically significant difference in "Views" and "Responses", to newbie-greetings posts from female-sounding names versus male ones. Just looking at today's posts, "Nina" and "Anya" are quite popular, whereas I'm sitting here in the dark all by my lonesome with 3 Views and 0 responses. LOL.

Ah well, human nature is the same above and below the waves, on Net and off, and I guess it still is a male-dominated sport and board. Enjoy.

BTW, hello and welcome to Anya, Nina, Chile and all my fellow noobs, male and female alike.

- Prot

Crap, I only clicked on this thread because I thought Proteome was a chick name, what a let down.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom