Lionfish reports coming in daily in the Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow I was at that park Thursday.

We found 2 on the Vandenberg and heard another boat report 3 on the Salvage Master today. Captured and killed one on the Adolphus Busch yesterday.

Frank;
I want to kill Lionfish.
I mean, I wanna, I wanna kill Lionfish.
Kill Lionfish.
I wanna, I wanna see dead Lionfish, I wanna see green Lionfish blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth.
Eat dead burnt Lionfish bodies.
I mean kill Lionfish. , Kill Lionfish. , KILL Lionfish. , KILL Lionfish. ."
And I started jumpin' up and down yelling, "KILL LIONFISH. , KILL LIONFISH. ," and he started jumpin' up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down yelling, "KILL "KILL LIONFISH. , KILL "KILL LIONFISH. ."
And then sargeant Onespeed came over, pinned a medal on me, sent me down the reef, and said,
"You're our boy."

Chug
Is is Thanksgiving yet?

Last edited:
Frank;
I want to kill Lionfish.
Kill Lionfish.
I wanna, I wanna see dead Lionfish, I wanna see green Lionfish blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth.
And I started jumpin' up and down yelling, "KILL LIONFISH. , KILL LIONFISH. ," and he started jumpin' up and down with me and we was both jumping up and down yelling, "KILL "KILL LIONFISH. , KILL "KILL LIONFISH. ."
And then sargeant Onespeed came over, pinned a medal on me, sent me down the reef, and said,
"You're our boy."

Chug
Is is Thanksgiving yet?

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Now that there are plenty to kill, I think I should put together a lionfish killing trip in the Keys. Stay tuned for new loinfish killing techniques currently being invented as we speak by Barney (AUE-Mike) and Dago. They are driving back to North Port right now discussing the killing of lionfish.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Now that there are plenty to kill, I think I should put together a lionfish killing trip in the Keys. Stay tuned for new loinfish killing techniques currently being invented as we speak by Barney (AUE-Mike) and Dago. They are driving back to North Port right now discussing the killing of lionfish.

I wonder if there is any sort of trap that could be designed to target lionfish? Something that would allow the smaller reef fish to pass out of, but would attract the lionfish and keep them from getting out because of their size and fins. Maybe they could be placed in areas with either a lot of lionfish sightings, or where lionfish would be especially detrimental.

Like I said,Good Luck.I do hundreds of dives a year and see them on almost every dive over a vast range.I have seen them on the shelf in over 200' and as shallow as 65'.I'd like to see a bounty,but the NMFS and NPS are about as staffed with clueless nincompoops as a government entity can get and that takes effort.

Like I said,Good Luck.I do hundreds of dives a year and see them on almost every dive over a vast range.I have seen them on the shelf in over 200' and as shallow as 65'.I'd like to see a bounty,but the NMFS and NPS are about as staffed with clueless nincompoops as a government entity can get and that takes effort.

Yeah sending out a couple of government paid hit-men divers to target two lionfish that were sighted on a wreck is a ridiculous waste of resources. My opinon will be validated in 4-5 years when the infestation is much more widespread. I have only seen ONE while diving in Palm Beach County, but in a few years I'm sure it will change.

Frank;
I want to kill Lionfish.
Kill Lionfish.
"You're our boy."

Chug
Is is Thanksgiving yet?

Awesome! I saw him at a LEO lecture-- awesome awesome man.

Grossman.jpg

I am certain the Lt Col would be proud to have his principles applied to Genocide against invasive Lionfish!! :ar15:

What happened to all the Buffalo? Coyotes in Yellowstone. Jewfish were almost wiped out a few years ago. ---- Lionfish pelts should be worth $5.00 each... see how many there are then...

We found 2 on the Vandenberg and heard another boat report 3 on the Salvage Master today. Captured and killed one on the Adolphus Busch yesterday.

The problem is that we are only seeing them at designated "dive sites".

For every one we see, there are prob 100 (or 1,000) more at sites that we don't see and that divers never visit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom