Question Livaboard recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Klopo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I want to go on a trip to Europe next summer and I hope you can help me or give me a recommendation.
I am SSI AOWD and have completed the SSI Deco Diver by then. I will be going alone as my wife does not dive so I will be without a buddy. As I have never been on a liveaboard, I don't know what to look for. I would prefer to go in the European area. What do you pack in addition to your diving equipment for a one-week trip?

If you expand your range a little, you will find yourself in Egyptian Red Sea which will open up a whole world of good diving and boats. There are limited options for European liveaboards.

I tend to take not very much in addition to dive and camera gear, probably because I stupidly carry a stainless steel backplate and other heavy kit around the world with me. Absolute bare minimum clothes, laptop, toothbrush/toothpaste.

Red Sea would absolutly be in my range.

Is it usual to have working WiFi on the Boats, becuase i may need to do some work after Diving so that would be a key point ?
If you expand your range a little, you will find yourself in Egyptian Red Sea which will open up a whole world of good diving and boats. There are limited options for European liveaboards.

I tend to take not very much in addition to dive and camera gear, probably because I stupidly carry a stainless steel backplate and other heavy kit around the world with me. Absolute bare minimum clothes, laptop, toothbrush/toothpaste.

Is it usual to have working WiFi on the Boats, becuase i may need to do some work after Diving so that would be a key point ?
Ick

Reactions: Doc
No. Most liveaboards regardless of the destination will not have reliable wifi. Some do when the boat is closer to shore but there are usually days in a row without even cell signal, especially on southern routes in the Red Sea. I consider this a positive aspect of livaboards. If you need reliable wifi you should stick to shore based diving.

Back
Top Bottom