Live from Scuba Show 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a6fa463d-9ade-1747.jpg

Oooohhhh aaaaahhhh Shearwater
Sent from my GT-P7310

a6fa463d-9c02-a5b3.jpg

Who needs a sherpa when you can have a Tank Dolly from Shark Bite Scuba.

a6fa463d-9c53-7d17.jpg

Check out the new Apex Side Mount Regs at the Aqualung Booth.

a6fa463d-9cd5-2905.jpg

Netdoc chatting with Nautilus Mike. Do you have your Lifeline?
Visit your local dive shop to register for some fabulous prizes from Nautilus!

Sent from my GT-P7310

Last edited:
The great folks from DAN...always Alert!
a6fa463d-9e5c-6811.jpg

Those fun fish IDers from another great organization, REEF. Check out REEF's website for awesome free "fishinars" (fish ID webinars)
a6fa463d-9eef-0573.jpg

Meet Rod from the Roddenberry Dive Team!
a6fa463d-9f1f-9948.jpg

Sent from my GT-P7310

The real divers who test the gear at Scuba Gear Reports. Check out some of their reviews on Scubaboards Articles section.

a6fa463d-9fb1-a429.jpg

California Dive News, sponsors of the Scuba Show were a bit overwhelmed by the crowds. The show opened with a line of attendees all the way out to the parking lot. Great crowd!

a6fa463d-a084-1c52.jpg

Sent from my GT-P7310

Last edited:
Friendly Scubaboarders reuniting!
a6fa463d-a10c-7e7c.jpg

Jeff Bozanic and Netdoc.

a6fa463d-a12c-9ec9.jpg

mselenous and SoBayJim and his lovely bride2b, Felicia.

Sent from my GT-P7310

Last edited:
The scuba show was disappointing from my perspective. More than half the displays were dive travel. Not much innovation in dive gear.

The one that did catch my eye was the Liquivision booth with their new OLED computers, especially since they're moving into the recreational market. The display and form factor of these computers is incredible. They're relatively compact, light weight, designed to work with bungees, and the displays are stunning.

The Kaon is their recreational non air integrated computer already available, and I'm looking forward to seeing their integrated Lynx due to come out soon.

Apparently Scubaman had to much fun at the Roddenberry Dive Team Party at Aquarium of the Pacific.
He's a tad hung over.
aefe45ef-b415-e511.jpg

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

The scuba show was disappointing from my perspective. More than half the displays were dive travel. Not much innovation in dive gear.

The one that did catch my eye was the Liquivision booth with their new OLED computers, especially since they're moving into the recreational market. The display and form factor of these computers is incredible. They're relatively compact, light weight, designed to work with bungees, and the displays are stunning.

The Kaon is their recreational non air integrated computer already available, and I'm looking forward to seeing their integrated Lynx due to come out soon.

X2 on the LiquidVisions, SIC!!!
Anybody want to buy a Suunto Cobra / compass console???

Great post Elena was easy to miss a few things looking at your post, I was they guy thatvwas using the double wide bicycle buggy as a kid stroller. Had my 2 year old in a candy comma...

Saw MyLovelyBride, Mr. Teamcasa & Netdoc at The Scubaboard booth but they seemed busy so we just cruised on by!
Also Saw Muggsy & her large group of friends I think by the Sport Chalet raffle but didnt realize it was het till checking out your post..
We spent the night @ The Westin & on our way to dinner I saw someone that might have been Rich from DRIS, what do i know... I only seen him from a video on the website..
Well few minutes later he comes back down & sits at a table holding a dive light, well I was right & it was Rich & Mike from DRIS & Chris from Hog!
All 3 guys were way cool & down to earth!
Was great to meet Dave from Aldora & cant wait for my trip in November.
Also saw the owner of my LDS Werner, doing work & trying to recruit manufacturer's & gear for his huge parking-lot sale coming up..

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom