Live music at Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lionfish-eater

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Blue Angel is now hosting live music two nights per week as of now.

Some of you might remember hearing Sylvia sing at Woody's in past years, or singing at the Pink Floyd live show at the planetarium.
She has an amazing voice and was a finalist on Mexico's Got Talent a few years back.

She is singing with an accompanist on Wednesdays and Fridays starting around 6 pm.

The place was full and many came early to eat and enjoy happy hour.

The food was not as good as usual, but I think it was because of the kitchen getting slammed with orders.

Happy hour drinks are half size and served in plastic cups while the rest of the evening they serve full size beverages at regular prices.

Excuse the poor quality, but here is a short video

For the last couple of years BA has had live music 5 evenings a week. Has that changed?

Disappointing to hear that happy hour is no longer really happy hour but scam hour. I think I'd rather have good food than a live singer.

Disappointing to hear that happy hour is no longer really happy hour but scam hour. I think I'd rather have good food than a live singer.
I want it all! Good food, good drink & good music but ya I'm with you on the scam hour thing. She has one heck of a voice and the music is pretty dang good.

Still 2 for 1 beers

My first paloma was two approx 12 oz cups
My second round was served in a large Mason jar style glass

Still a good Hora Feliz

The beers were $2 and $2.50 and 2 4 1 before 6

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression

For the last couple of years BA has had live music 5 evenings a week. Has that changed?
Not sure about other days,
Sylvia is a friend and I was just trying to get the word out

Still 2 for 1 beers

My first paloma was two approx 12 oz cups
My second round was served in a large Mason jar style glass

Still a good Hora Feliz

The beers were $2 and $2.50 and 2 4 1 before 6

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression

So the beers are not served in a half-sized cups? That's good to hear. Still seems like a scam on the mixed drinks. And I've seen recent reviews complaining the 2x1 apps are jacked up in price over the regular menu. If it's a 2x1 offer, I expect to get 2 of the regular menu items for the price of 1. It's probably not profitable, maybe even loses money, but places do this during select times to draw in customers, many of who remain after happy hour buying drinks at regular price, and leave happy and recommending the place to others. A place shouldn't lure people in with "specials" if they don't actually want to deliver anything special.

I've recommended BA happy hour several times here in the past and now I'm feeling a bit of disdain. Reputations are very hard to live down.

Does Sylvia sing at any other places?

Back
Top Bottom