Live music at Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've seen her many times at Woody's. She's awesome!

I remember seeing someone pretty good by the name of Sylvia at Tony B's once. And I remember their happy hour deals among the best around.

So the beers are not served in a half-sized cups? That's good to hear. Still seems like a scam on the mixed drinks. And I've seen recent reviews complaining the 2x1 apps are jacked up in price over the regular menu. If it's a 2x1 offer, I expect to get 2 of the regular menu items for the price of 1. It's probably not profitable, maybe even loses money, but places do this during select times to draw in customers, many of who remain after happy hour buying drinks at regular price, and leave happy and recommending the place to others. A place shouldn't lure people in with "specials" if they don't actually want to deliver anything special.

I've recommended BA happy hour several times here in the past and now I'm feeling a bit of disdain. Reputations are very hard to live down.

Does Sylvia sing at any other places?

Not a scam HH
They might have just been out of glass glasses due to the crowd size.

Not a scam HH
They might have just been out of glass glasses due to the crowd size.

You're the one that said they were half-sized at half price. That's not within the spirit of a 2x1 offer.

I'm also concerned about the reviews concerning apps being marked up but since that is hearsay we can defer that one.

While I understand the difficulties in running a business and that busy times place a burden on kitchens, one shouldn't serve up inferior product and charge full price.

Pretty sure Smooth Cats (rock and roll covers generally) is still playing at Blue Angle on two of the other nights as well most weeks. I concur about Silvia, she is a lovely singer and I'm hoping she'll throw some Fleetwood Mac into the rotation someday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom