Liveaboard catering to junior OW limits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took my son on the Aquacat as a 13 year old newly certified diver; theoretically the Bahamas have a lot of shallow areas. Realistically many of the morning dives were as deep as any of the other trips we have since done (Cayman Aggressor, Sun Dancer/Belize Aggressor, & CEXII). Thinking back I recall the Caribbean Explorer II had a lot of shallower dives, will have to check my log book. Might want to consider the suggestions of going on a family week where they might keep things a little more shallow, or go when you want but accept your daughter to sit out the deeper dives. At that age 5 dives/day is probably more than she'll want; especially factoring in the body heat loss.

Philippines visayas would be a really good option as all of the sites are suitable for junior open water (excepting trips that go to malapascuas monad shoal). As the reefs come up very shallow and there is little to no current, plus typically great visibility.
Siren fleet take junior divers but if they have people booked they will ask them if it's OK before accepting your booking. Some people don't wish to have juniors aboard but I've never known a refusal in the 5 years I worked there.
Best to contact the operators directly and ask them.
Hope you find something and your daughter really enjoys it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom