Liveaboard for Single Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prudent_Rabbit

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anybody know of a Liveaboard company that caters for a single diver, Im not interested in being lumped in with somebody else but a boat that has single cabins (and not paying a huge suppliment) I know its a long shot but thought I would ask

Prudent_Rabbit:
Does anybody know of a Liveaboard company that caters for a single diver, Im not interested in being lumped in with somebody else but a boat that has single cabins (and not paying a huge suppliment) I know its a long shot but thought I would ask

I'd like to know the answer too. I've never done a liveabord because I don't want to get bunked in with a stranger and don't like paying double to have bunk/cabin to myself. I'm guessing it's a very long shot too.

I'd suggest Blackbeards NO penalty and Plenty of Singles on Board no private staaterooms but everyone respects others..

The other thing to try is if you can travel at the last minute (within a month to 2 weeks of departure) is to call one of the companies and try to catch one of the boats when it's not fully booked. I know on the Nekton boats if they aren't full, they'll put non-couples in their own rooms if they have space available. Just a thought.

If memory serves, the Thorfinn offers single booking at a rate less than twice the price IF the charter isn't completely full. Also, check "off season" rates if you're brave enough to gamble on the weather.

BTW, Thorfinn cruises Truk Lagoon in case you didn't know...

Good Luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom