Lobos Report: Cheating the Odds 4-11-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wanted a lot of overlap for my hood. Remember that from class Kathy? Keeps me much warmer or at least I think it does. I am pretty good at mask removal drills and can clear the mask skirt from the hood in a few seconds. Really seems to help having the complete seal when the water gets cold. I still get an ice cream headache when first descending into frigid water though.

I do remember your overlaping hood from class & drills Peter :). Hey-when are you going to get it wet again :)? I have lobos reservations next sat---

I couldn't imagine having my head ensconced in some neoprene pompadour. That just sounds miserable.

:rofl3: You'd think so, but it's not. As an added benefit, it was a great deflector for hailstones at Lobos last weekend :).

I do remember your overlaping hood from class & drills Peter :). Hey-when are you going to get it wet again :)? I have lobos reservations next sat---.
We will be in Albion launching the boat tomorrow morning :cool2: So I will be diving three days in a row.

Next Saturday? Hmmm...tempting, very very tempting...but I wouldn't be able to bring a boat, just a scooter. Is Erik going to be there?

I did try the fusion when they had their demo days. ... The feet pockets were killing me with my wetsuit boots. ...

Hi, Kristina!

I'm new to the Fusion, but when first trying mine on my feet felt really, really cramped (for some reason I didn't notice that on the demo days). First, I though that I would need bigger boots, then I thought that I would check where my big toe was in the boot. I still had some space in there! I loosened up the laces and pushed the foot forward and yes, I had enough space for putting a finger in the heel between my foot and the boot.

Then I realized that when I pulled the suit up, I pulled up hard enough that I was starting to compress my toes in the foot pocket and then putting the boots on added to it. If I leave a little bit of extra material in the toes, then when the boots go on it feels fine and it doesn't feel like my toes are all bunched up.

I guess that with the new attached boots this wouldn't be an issue, but I don't have those on mine.

Hi, Kristina!

I'm new to the Fusion, but when first trying mine on my feet felt really, really cramped (for some reason I didn't notice that on the demo days). First, I though that I would need bigger boots, then I thought that I would check where my big toe was in the boot. I still had some space in there! I loosened up the laces and pushed the foot forward and yes, I had enough space for putting a finger in the heel between my foot and the boot.

Then I realized that when I pulled the suit up, I pulled up hard enough that I was starting to compress my toes in the foot pocket and then putting the boots on added to it. If I leave a little bit of extra material in the toes, then when the boots go on it feels fine and it doesn't feel like my toes are all bunched up.

I guess that with the new attached boots this wouldn't be an issue, but I don't have those on mine.

Did you get the Evo3s, and have you tried putting them into your Jets? I couldn't get one into my XL jets a couple of years back, and IIRR we have about the same size feet, 10-10.5. IIRC, we both used our wet suit boots for the demo day with no problems.

Guy

Did you get the Evo3s, and have you tried putting them into your Jets? I couldn't get one into my XL jets a couple of years back, and IIRR we have about the same size feet, 10-10.5. IIRC, we both used our wet suit boots for the demo day with no problems.

Guy

Nope, I went with the super-high-tech option: Converse boots. :D

I'll be back to my L Jets (with the previous drysuit I had to use the XLs).

Guy

Nope, I went with the super-high-tech option: Converse boots. :D

I'll be back to my L Jets (with the previous drysuit I had to use the XLs).

If your feet are about the same size as mine, I'd be very surprised if that's the case. I know that I can barely get into my L Jets wearing my 3mm warm water boots, and have to pry them off my feet. Neither my turbosoles or my 6.5mm wet boots will fit in them. And check this list out:

Aloha Shore Divers

So you might want to bring your XLs along, unless you've already found that it works.

Guy

Hey, Guy.

I have already tried them. I'll give the XLs a try for fit, but the Ls feel fine (I'd rather have some snug-fitting fins than floppy ones -- that just feels awful!).

(Wow, I spend most of the time just reading, but in the last couple of days I think I've doubled my post count. Woohoo, I have 1.5 stars now!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom