Lobster Regulations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

as noted in the monroe county regulations(on the direct link noted in a previous thread); the harvest of spanish and slipper lobster are prohibited in the key largo and looe key exsisting management areas as well as other no take zones(SPA) within the FKNMS. such harvesting is also prohibited in john pennekamp coral reef state park. for the upper keys it's essentially(shoreline out to 300ft)from just south of molasses reef-rodriguez key north to the whistle buoy.
iv'e never seen or heard of any smooth-tail spiny's caught in these waters,,,,

reefman
key largo

They're pretty rare, but Chugs and I spotted one a few weeks ago -

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-conch-divers/338355-smooth-tail-lobster-sighting-today.html

Ok, yeah, the smooth lobster stuff. I knew that Boca Raton was home to all sorts of snake oil salesmen, but I didn't think that there were enough rubes in recreational diving for them to try that hustle.
I guess these really are desperate times.

Seriously though, it's just way too easy to take the wrong kind of lobster and find yourself upstate in north Florida in one of the state prisons there with plenty of time to reflect on your mistakes and plenty of time to admire the heavily-muscled bodies of your cellmates when they're taking a breather from whatever they've been doing to you all night long.

Also, lots of tourists come down here to see lobsters when they dive. When you depopulate the lobster population for whatever perverted reason, you help kill the tourist business. You're helping to kill the vitality of the state of Florida.

Since killing tourism is one of the stated goals of al-Qaeda, you might as well wrap that towel around your head before you dive.

Ok, yeah, the smooth lobster stuff. I knew that Boca Raton was home to all sorts of snake oil salesmen, but I didn't think that there were enough rubes in recreational diving for them to try that hustle.
I guess these really are desperate times.

Seriously though, it's just way too easy to take the wrong kind of lobster and find yourself upstate in north Florida in one of the state prisons there with plenty of time to reflect on your mistakes and plenty of time to admire the heavily-muscled bodies of your cellmates when they're taking a breather from whatever they've been doing to you all night long.

Also, lots of tourists come down here to see lobsters when they dive. When you depopulate the lobster population for whatever perverted reason, you help kill the tourist business. You're helping to kill the vitality of the state of Florida.

Since killing tourism is one of the stated goals of al-Qaeda, you might as well wrap that towel around your head before you dive.

I have heard that mini-season was actually started by an Al-Qaeda operative that infiltrated the Florida government.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom