Local Drysuit Alterations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As someone already mentioned, Superior Drysuit can do alterations. I got a smoking deal on a drysuit that was just a bit small in the waist and sent it off to them with a variety of pictures, measurements, etc. They opened up a seam and added a small panel, and charged me next to nothing for the work. I never had a problem with it. I imagine that lopping off some leg would be even easier/cheaper for them to do.

I agree that you can find good deals on used suits. 3 of my 4 suits have been used; two of them were in incredible condition, and one fits about as well as I think a custom suit would fit. I have noticed it is not too uncommon to find nearly new women's suits for sale. You just have to wait for something good to come along. A custom suit would be nice, but there is also something nice about trying on a suit before you buy and knowing it will actually fit without a few back-and-forths with the manufacturer.

Allison

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom