Local Grinds - the chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We had lunch at the coolest place today! It's called Brasserie Du Vin and can be found in China Town on Bethel. The atmosphere is fantastic! I would have sat there all day if I could have.

Second that. Every time I head to Oahu I find some time to drop in there and grab a glass or two, and sometimes food.

Works for me ...

Second that. Every time I head to Oahu I find some time to drop in there and grab a glass or two, and sometimes food.

Works for me ...

One of my favorite places in Kona is the theatre/cafe place on the way to the City of Refuge. I think it is called the Kona Theatre Cafe. Stop there on your way to "Two Step" for breakfast. Lanai seat with that view over a horse pasture all the way to the ocean, kona coffee and an omelette! Doesn't get any better!:D

Actually I lived in Japan for 13 years so I've had some pretty good sushi to compare it against and Sushi Bistro Shun is pretty darn good.

Just read it in the paper. The Crouching Lion will be reopening later this month - new owners. How about driving over on a Saturday?

Just read it in the paper. The Crouching Lion will be reopening later this month - new owners. How about driving over on a Saturday?
You buying?:D

Seriously, I had read reviews saying how it had become a mediocre tourist trap, a shadow of what it was. Hopefully it will get back to what people used to say about it.

Maui Mike's In Wahiawa, The best rotisserie chicken on Oahu. Garuns!!!!!

You buying?:D

Seriously, I had read reviews saying how it had become a mediocre tourist trap, a shadow of what it was. Hopefully it will get back to what people used to say about it.

Sorry, didn't see this till today!

don't think I can afford to buy....I doubt right now I could afford to drive there! lol

Joking aside, we might have to travel that way on Tuesday though, maybe we'll stop by and test for ourselves.

Joking aside, we might have to travel that way on Tuesday though, maybe we'll stop by and test for ourselves.
Drove by there a few weeks ago on a Monday coming back from the North Shore. Three, count 'em, three tour buses parked there, just a few cars. It was the middle of the day, but it is definitely a stop for the buses...............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom