Local News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems you drink this large marg and its all mix?
I had one once. I'm just nowhere the drinker that I was decades ago, but I tried one at El Moro's once and wondered why people do. I like lemonade fine.
Ouch. Glad I am not much of a drinker anymore.
Yeah, its costing all over cozumel the same as to eat tex mex right here in mckinney.
Cozumel dinners seem higher than TexMex around here, but I live in the country. Dinners are higher in cities.
Ernesto's has way outpaced the average here. Their model seems to be to make all their money off a few cruise suckers.
Why not? They're in business for the money so why shouldn't they make enough from fools and take evenings off?
I have learned to puke through my requlator at depth, the next morning, after my second "I'll show you' Margarita.
Did you not feel sick enough before boarding to know to skip diving that day?
A few years back I had a frontal lobe stroke, at 135', and blamed it on Ray's Margaritas I until I went to a doctor a few days later.
Wow! :eek: You didn't feel sick enough to call for an ambulance from the dock? Well, I've read that those can impair thinking. Glad you could recover. I had a surprise trip to the hospital that went on for three months last year, recovered pretty well now, but it inspired caution in me.

Scumbag taxi drivers caught with peoples credit cards and phones.

The author of the article didn't call them taxi drivers, instead they said their vehicle was painted as a taxi.
So either they are protecting the taxi drivers or there are "counterfeit" taxis on the island.

Why not? They're in business for the money so why shouldn't they make enough from fools and take evenings off?

Well setting aside that I'm not sure they are making money - as Gary mentioned a lot of them are just bad businessmen with an ego - there are businesses that don't go for the jugular just because they think they can but take pride in offering a solid product at a fair price. We dive with Roberta's next door and our routine was to get back to dock, rinse and hang gear, then go next door for a lunch entree and couple of beers each and watch the gear dry. There are some steps on the side so we didn't even have to go up to the sidewalk. At $35-40 it stung a bit but the convenience and view was great. This past February we walked in and saw these $25 prices, had a beer and some guac and left. Haven't been back. Not doing $70-80 for lunch.

Looking over at it yesterday when we got back to dock, it was completely empty. Used to be pretty busy. We walked to the blue taco truck down by the traffic light and had $35p tacos piled high with meat. And those were probably the gringo prices. Saw some local workers and a taxi driver eating there.

Wow! :eek: You didn't feel sick enough to call for an ambulance from the dock? Well, I've read that those can impair thinking. Glad you could recover. I had a surprise trip to the hospital that went on for three months last year, recovered pretty well now, but it inspired caution in me.
No I continued diving with double vision (6th optic nerve damage, left eye lateral control) went to see a doctor a few days later. Found that blocking vision in one eye (aluminum aircraft 'speed" tape over one side of my mask) allowed me to see well enough to still hit lion fish. Depth perception is over rated. Found I could patch either eye and see well enough, would swap sides at work like Marty Feldman's hump in Young Frankenstein, it would unsettle my coworkers. Cleared after 3 months
:pirate3:

I would never dive hung over, but I do not waste precious vacation time getting too drunk to enjoy it and hung over the next day, anyway. Lesson learned.

Yeah, my only rule about dive trips is to never wake up thinking “crap, I’ve got to go diving.” I like to have fun, but at some point it becomes counterproductive…All IMHO, YMMV :bounce::bounce::bounce::clearmask:

Yeah, my only rule about dive trips is to never wake up thinking “crap, I’ve got to go diving.” I like to have fun, but at some point it becomes counterproductive…All IMHO, YMMV :bounce::bounce::bounce::clearmask:
The turning point for me was the day 30 years or so ago when I drank so much out fishing that I do not remember catching that big white marlin. I spent the next day in bed looking at Cozumel out the hotel window. Never again.

There are a bunch of places that do good margaritas. I like El Moro, happy fun (loud) place for a good dinner. Good quality margaritas. A few time in joking banter I have asked the proprietor, oldest brother Ray, if they put any tequila in their margaritas (yes a couple standard ones will kick most folks A$$) I'll look over and see brother dumping tequila in my next margarita.
I have learned to puke through my requlator at depth, the next morning, after my second "I'll show you' Margarita.
A few years back I had a frontal lobe stroke, at 135', and blamed it on Ray's Margaritas I until I went to a doctor a few days later.

Haven't been since 2019, but Casa Denis' margs - and they give you the pour over bit of extra - always knocked my wife and i on our collective a$$es

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom