logging pool dives....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Srrh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello y'all,

2 days ago, I went to the pool with my buddy: we had new equiment to test...
We've spent about 1h15 minutes underwater, 15 feet, testing everything (perfect weight distribution) and even, practicing a few basics (OOA etc..)

Should I log it...?

:popcorn:

I don't log pool dives as they are not dives for me

Mania

I don't log confined water dives in a pool either... I guess you could.

Srrh:
Hello y'all,

We've spent about 1h15 minutes underwater, 15 feet, testing everything (perfect weight distribution) and even, practicing a few basics (OOA etc..)

Should I log it...?
did you use 50 CF of air, if not, no log.

I only write it down if it was noteworthy. They get written in without a 'dive number' if I need to note equipment issues or other things. They don't count with any agency I know of.
Now if I dove that deep pool in Europe? I'd log that.

Srrh:
Hello y'all,

Should I log it...?

NO. :popcorn:

Lets say you sign up for a charter heading out to some wreck. The charter has a minimum number of dives required to qualify to dive the wreck. I am sure that pool dives would be thrown out. If you are really looking for numbers, keep two log books. One will be for your own viewing, the other (minus pool) would be presented to charters.

It's your book so log what you want. It's more of a place to keep memory notes than anything else. The SCUBA police aren't going to arrest you for it.

I've logged a lot of pool dives. Like 119' deep pools, cesspools, training pool dives etc. The log is for you and no one else.

Gary D.

Gary D.:
It's your book so log what you want. It's more of a place to keep memory notes than anything else. The SCUBA police aren't going to arrest you for it.

I've logged a lot of pool dives. Like 119' deep pools, cesspools, training pool dives etc. The log is for you and no one else.

Gary D.

Gary, where was that 119 footer?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom