Long hose for aqualung legend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Definitely have them inspect your BC, mask and wetsuit to verify they are long hose compliant. Oh, and don't forget your snorkel. Pairing up a snorkel with a long hose configuration can be tricky. Run away from that shop!

so what? they give bad advice, and I'd like to know what shop it is... maybe I'll dive in France one day 🤔
With your PADI certs, maybe not. The French reputably can be sticky about non-CMAS certifications.

If we shamed and eschewed every dive shop that gave bad equipment advice, there wouldn't be many places left to go...

Yeah, its a hobby shop.

Lighten up people. This aint a career. Most dive OP's dont even have a t shirt in 2x tall.

Had a rec only boat ask about my longhose. I told them it was for interpretive underwater dance.

It appears this is not an isolated issue with French dive shops. Look out for that TruCoat upcharge!

When naming and shaming a dive shop, remember that it is possible that your bad encounter may have possibly been with one employee, and that may have been the only employee at that shop who was misinformed on that issue.

In many cases, the people working behind the counter at a shop are making about minimum wage, and you have to ask yourself how often a person working for minimum wage would be an expert scuba diver. They may have gotten as much training as the shop could cram in, but it won't extend to everything.

Let's take long hoses and other gear usually associated with tech diving. When the shop I was working for in Colorado had one of its instructors become certified to teach tech, his first students were some of the shop's instructors, including me. That meant that shop personnel, including the management staff and ownership, was seeing DIN valves, long hoses, BP/Ws for the first time in their lives. The shop's buyer sat down with me so I could explain as much as possible what the gear was about. It was a steep learning curve for them, and it took a while for that new learning to work its way to the people working the retail floor. Along the way, you might have gotten some serious misinformation from some individuals.

I later worked for a different shop, and the whole thing repeated itself. I ordered some tanks, and when they came in, the new guy working the retail floor called me to say they were in. When I came in to get them, he asked me what kind of strange tanks they were, with round bottoms and all. They were the first steel tanks he had ever seen.

Summary: the individual you are talking to might not reflect the complete knowledge base of the entire shop.

My Aqualung Legend 3 is with short hose and I would like to put it in a long hose configuration (210 or 7' :wink:).My shop told me that you cannot do it for the Aqualung Legend as it is not "authorized" by Aqualung o_O. What do you think ?

Ok, all has been said, but this one is from a fellow french diver. That's a load of crap, total bs, (en français : un beau wagon de conneries !). I've heard that stupid statement regularly, but don't worry, you'll see many regulators Aqualung or others fitted that way. So, don't worry, buy yourself a 2m long hose, connect it to your Legend, and enjoy diving with it. If someone objects to that : suggest him to play chicken somewhere on the highway and don't give a damn about him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom