Wanted Long/Tall Stainless Steel Backplate - 17" or longer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From one tall diver to another. I’m 6’6”, 230lbs and regular back plates put the waist strap way too high on my chest. I tried to have a back plate custom made but I couldn’t find anyone willing to make it. I finally made my own long, flat plate out of aluminum. It works but it has limitations. After years of looking I purchased the SCUBA force - long black devil back plate. I was so happy with the plate I purchased a second for my doubles setup. I believe the plate is 2.75” longer than normal and that is exactly what I needed. The plate costs almost double that of an entry level plate but the cost is still less than what I expected to pay for a custom plate. I have been diving the Scuba Force for over a year and it has held up well. The lower bolt hole has some paint flaking but nothing major.
I have the long plate but not the long heavy. I tried to purchase the long heavy a couple times but the vendors have always been out of stock. Good luck with your search. Feel free to DM me with any questions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom