Long term Rental in / near PDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xterra

Contributor
Reaction score
This is more a question for people that stay longer or live there, I plan to stay 2 months in PDC, do some courses and Cenote / cave diving.
I am not much of a fan staying in PDC as its a party town downtown. I'm looking for north or south (like Playacar? )
Rent a Airbnb or are there other recommendations? Where do the instructors (that are from overseas (Europe and US mainly stay)?
Thanks

Have you considered Tulum ? Closer to all the caves and cenotes . Yes it is also a party town, but you can find quieter areas,
DM if you want any more info regarding lodging, diving and or courses.

puerto morelos, puerto aventura, merida (not the riviera maya but lots of great cenotes and a cool little city), anywhere else along the coast that is not tulum or pdc.

playa is a fair size town with tons of rental options.

yes there certainly are noisier areas, but there are also quiet areas right in the heart of town. we have stayed in condos between 5th ave and the beach and never heard a peep.

we have also spent a little time in playacar and found it to be a very nice and quiet area, but obviously further from amenities, and not as easy to access the beach.

where you are able to stay will largely depend on your budget (are you going in high or low season), do you want to be close to the beach, and how close you want to be to any amenities that are important to you (work, groceries, restaurants etc).

you also need to consider your method of transportation. if you will have a car (even if you have one it can be a pain to get around and park), need to use taxis or bus, or do you wanna be within walking distance of your favorite amenities.

i agree with the above poster that if cave diving is the main reason for being down there, you may want to consider staying much closer to the cenotes.

we have never stayed in tulum and quite frankly have no desire to holiday there, but if i was there to focus on training for 2 months, i would want to be close by. so something def south of playa. tulum, akumal, puerto aventuras etc.

there may even be long term rentals inside some of the resorts between pdc and tulum.

Plan is mid Nov to mid Jan. Do a cavern and cave diving course and general cenote diving with the focus on photography.
Dont plan to have a car, I may rent one on occasion.
I like to be near grocery places i.e. Mega and restaurant options.
Beach within walking distance would be nice.

Either Puerto Morales or Puerto Aventuras.
PA has a Chedraui within walking distance of most of the town.

i cannot speak to the other areas other than pdc, but if you are on foot and wanna be close to the beach, groceries, and restaurants in pdc, then staying in the heart of town would be the best option.

there are countless rentals sites. many offer monthly rentals.

if you see one listed on a popular rental site (air bnb for example), and it is run by a local management company, don't hesitate to bypass the rental site and contact management directly. we have done this a few times and it was def cheaper. but some people may not be comfortable doing this.

if you find a building in an area you like you can often contact them directly as well, as many condos have in-house rental programs.

my suggestion is to check google maps for grocery locations and start there. then look for accommodations (large studio or 1 bdrm unit) that fit your budget between there and the beach.

- there is a chedraui in the far south end by the hwy (you won't wanna be there)
- a walmart on 30th ave (lots of rentals close by)
- a mega on 30th ave and constituyentes (great area/lots of rentals and food close by/easy walk to beach)
- and the chedraui on 10th ave and 34th st (right by the sports park)
- there may be others

i can only tell you my experience staying in town. others may have had worse luck. lol but we found as long as we stayed off of 5th ave, chose a building that did not have a bar or late night place with music close by, and got a unit that faces an internal courtyard instead of facing the street, we had no noise issues.

but obviously if you have a room that your balcony opens on to 5th ave, 10 ave, 30th ave, constituyentes etc, then it could be noisy. just like any other busy city.

just for example.....we stayed at palmares condo last year, which is across from the mega. we had a one bdrm unit with a balcony that opened to the internal courtyard pool. never heard anything. it also had a private rooftop with a jacuzzi.

we have also stayed between 5th ave and the beach around 32nd st and cozumel ave and never had one issue with noise. and that one had two balconies that opened onto the street.

cocoa beach is also a really nice area that is very quiet and very close to the beach. lots of restaurants close by but i am not aware of a grocery store right near there.

Are there also good dive shops in PA?
You may want to look at under the jungle. They will pick you up in Puerto Aventuras, but they may not have availability in your time frame... It's worth asking though, their training is top notch.

Back
Top Bottom