Long time no post."Moving"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pentiumchic

Reaction score
Hi all been moving from scuba Heaven (Hawaii) to scuba hell (Ft Bragg North Carolina).So Now I'm asking where and how are the places to dive here.I'm so bummed I went from diving every weekend to no clue where to dive.So please be kind and send me pages or place where I can get wet again without having to sell my first born to do it.(Selling first born so not a good idea.I can't even give him away!).lol

Sad and deprested, Jen

OK- It's not Hawaii, but you're hardly in scuba hell :wink:

Diving on the east coast is different, but it's still pretty good. There's a lot of great wreck diving, and you get the Gulf Stream bringing up tropical, blue water. I'm not real familiar with specific sites in your area, but if you really want to dive, you'll find some good stuff to do.

Anyway, welcome back.....

Scott

All I really know is I'm 2 hours from the coast so I have to plan the trip insted of just grab my gear and go.So I need an idea of the places around here be it fresh or ocean.I see there's a club trying to start up here in the Carolinas but as of yet I know not much else about the place.Again I'm open to all kinds of ideas.I'm even eyeballing a nasty little lake I live by just so I can blow bubbles.Even a swimming pool looks good!

Jen

My husband and I are currently in the NAUI ITC and are getting ready to PCS (Army lingo for moving) to Hawaii. I am hoping to get a job there doing something that involves the water. Can you give me any insight?

Pentiumchic, are you military? We are currently stationed at Fort Campbell, KY. If you want to talk about diving hell, try 45 degree water in the middle of summer in a limestone quarry. You lose about 10 pounds every time you gear up for a dive. On the bright side, how many buildings does a normal person get to swim through?

North Carolina doesn't sound that bad. Aren't the wrecks awesome? My husband and I have been talking about taking a trip over there.

Kim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom