Look but Don't Touch!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not an animal behavior expert, but I have to guess that the moray is going to associate divers with a free meal for a while, and any unsuspecting divers getting to close are going to be in for a surprise.

Also, I don't condone the feeding at all, but I think the teasing is worse.

A fool and his fingers are soon parted. Those oblivious morons with money are good examples of the worst elements in human nature. They seem to regard the natural world as their playground. The dork with the impressive scream should sacrifice his other thumb in order to achieve bilateral symmetry. This time use a meat grinder.

As an also reptile guy I can see were your coming from here. What kinds have you had.[/QUOTE]

My avatar is a Jamaican Boa, a 'Yellow Snake': Epicrates subflavus. The one in the pic bit the hell out of me. I rescued it from a bulldozer when they were expanding a superclub in Negril's West End, back in the 80's. I don't blame the snake at all. I appeared to be part of the pack of hairless monkeys destroying its home. Despite predictions that I "soon dead" I managed to survive with almost everything intact. The Boa has also survived. He writes to me regularly.

This video is an example of what my exact opposite actions would be if I saw a moray eel (shark, or any of those guys). A video of the tips of my fins far away and getting further.

This might sound cold, but I'm glad that idiot got what was coming (though I'm glad that he's okay in the end). These are wild animals, this is a wild environment. Wild animals are often unpredictable, especially if they get comfortable with humans or expect something from us. Accident? I'd call it idiocy and a lesson learned.

The "leave everything as you found it rule" is one I follow closely, especially when I bring my camera. That is kind of the unwritten code of scuba diving. We're lucky to be able to have this experience; leave the same experience for other divers as well.
There's an old expression "Dance w/the Devil long enough and you'll get burned"...The Australian, Irwin, ignored this and paid the ultimate price......It's not 'cool', it's not 'macho', it's not informative !!!!!.........Live and let be

My avatar is a Jamaican Boa, a 'Yellow Snake': Epicrates subflavus. The one in the pic bit the hell out of me. I rescued it from a bulldozer when they were expanding a superclub in Negril's West End, back in the 80's. I don't blame the snake at all. I appeared to be part of the pack of hairless monkeys destroying its home. Despite predictions that I "soon dead" I managed to survive with almost everything intact. The Boa has also survived. He writes to me regularly.

I would have a different opinion if they were rescuing the eel from something rather than taunting it

This happened in 2005 here in Thailand at a dive site called East of Eden in the Similan Islands national park. The idiot DM is a Brit named Matt Butcher.

Anybody diving with those other bits hanging out deserves getting them removed. 'Bobbit worms' could have lots of fun in that case :)

Back
Top Bottom