Looking for a good steakhouse! (and/or other suggestions)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading back in a few weeks and somewhat unimpressed with what we have found in trips previous (Dutch food is just not the gastronomic joy). We mostly grocery shop and cook on our own (we can cook really well, so eating out has to be good), but pick one or two nights to splurge.

Staying in the Mambo Beach area, but have a car, a gps, and willing to travel if it is worth it.

Figure there has to be a Venezuelan or Brazilian Steakhouse worth the visit.

Suggestions?

Other fare recommendations also appreciated.

TIA

While I prefer the ribs at ribs factory there is a steakhouse on the hill El Gaucho you’ll see the signs going toward tugboat. The ribs factory is better.

We always thought the rib factory was pretty good, but haven't been there in ages.
Have you tried a Rijstafel place? That's something you won't make on your own.

We ate here the second last night on the island. Wish we had tried it sooner. Steaks Ribs etc. Everyone had a great meal.

Eetcafé De Buurvrouw

My meal...

1696718806964.jpeg

We ate here the second last night on the island. Wish we had tried it sooner. Steaks Ribs etc. Everyone had a great meal.

Eetcafé De Buurvrouw

My meal...

View attachment 805030

You ate all of that by yourself????????

:p

Eetcafé De Buurvrouw

My meal...

View attachment 805030

OMG!!! I want to go to Curacao just to try their menu! It looks spectacular.

@lexvil - thanks! Got an awesome meal at the Rib Factory!

My biggest "disappointment" is that on Curacao good bourbon is rarer than hen's teeth. I'd about kill for a Kentucky Mule....

I always pack a special bottle of bourbon wrapped up in my wetsuit with my checked bag. I did see some at the big market close to the airport. Not sure of the quality though.

Back
Top Bottom