Looking for a LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba65:
Genevieve used to work at United Divers.....ha,ha,ha...

Everyone used to work some where :wink:

I would give a vote for PGDive. Paul and Genevieve are very patient, and willing to answer any questions.

Diverjim's in Belmont is old school dive retail. Stuff lurking in boxes in corners, one of everything tucked away somewhere. A little depressing to go in, because you know that that sort of place cannot compete with the LeisurePro's of the world.

PG Dive, in my mind, is what the new LDS should try to be. Fun, enthusiastic, young, and the owners actually still dive. Their philosophy doesn't seem to be one of everything, but instead a few good representative items over a broad range of gear. Prices are good - not necessarily as good as what you might find on the internet, but not nearly the 2x margins that retail used to carry.

The free air is a good model -- you hang around, meet other folks, and I usually end up buying something anyways.

knobhdy:
I will defiantly check out these shops. Pg Dive is really close to me. (And btw: has a great web site! I appreciate that sort of thing.)
Thanks for the advice.

I will see y'all in the water.

Pgdive gets my vote.....:D

localdivah:
Diverjim's in Belmont is old school dive retail. Stuff lurking in boxes in corners, one of everything tucked away somewhere. A little depressing to go in, because you know that that sort of place cannot compete with the LeisurePro's of the world.

PG Dive, in my mind, is what the new LDS should try to be. Fun, enthusiastic, young, and the owners actually still dive. Their philosophy doesn't seem to be one of everything, but instead a few good representative items over a broad range of gear. Prices are good - not necessarily as good as what you might find on the internet, but not nearly the 2x margins that retail used to carry.

The free air is a good model -- you hang around, meet other folks, and I usually end up buying something anyways.

Hell yeah! I bought a $100 mask last time i was in for my "free" fill :wink:

Great folks though !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom