LOOKING for a LINK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Avonthediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello all I have been going through the Wreck Diving Magazine web page "And yes I know I should post on the WD forum, but I thought I would get a better answer here"
but I watched a small vid about a russian sub that went down in 1950.
I cant seem to find any more on this or even photos of the wreck! :confused:

If anyone can help please do!

this is what was said in the article...

WDM Preview: What Could Have Caused WWIII
October 1st, 2010 by Joe Porter / Publisher-Editor Wreck Diving Magazine

In June of this year, Wreck Diving Magazine teamed up with Ken Sewell, author of Red Star Rogue and All Hands Down to locate and document a Russian submarine that recently declassified reports placed off the Japanese coast. In a battle that took place during the Cold War, crew members were convinced that they had sunk the Russian sub but were sworn to secrecy by the US Government for almost 60 years. Stated in the book Blind Man’s Bluff- The Untold Story of American Submarine Espionage by Sherry Sontag and Christopher Drew; “U.S. intelligence officials have long believed that a U.S. surface ship sank a Soviet sub that came close to an aircraft carrier attack force in 1950, early in the Korean War, according to two former intelligence officers.” If the knowledge of this sinking gotten into Soviet hands, it could have started an international incident, possibly even World War III.

Wreck Diving Magazine and Ken Sewell interviewed some of the American sailors involved in the incident and embarked on an exhausting expedition to Japan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom