Looking for a M.D. diving related

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amcarlson4

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all..
how can I find a medical doctor who's either a diver or know's about diving?
Basically, I'm looking for a local primary doctor.
Thanks
Annette

Annette,
Try calling DAN. They may have a list of dr's in your area. The other option is to check with your lds. If they do alot of teaching they may have taught some. At last there's calling around to docs in your area and just asking if they dive or are familiar with dive medicine. Mine does not but his brothers do so he's familair to a degree with what's involved.

JimLap:
Annette,
Try calling DAN. They may have a list of dr's in your area. The other option is to check with your lds. If they do alot of teaching they may have taught some. At last there's calling around to docs in your area and just asking if they dive or are familiar with dive medicine. Mine does not but his brothers do so he's familair to a degree with what's involved.

Thanks... yes I emailed DAN thru their website just after I posted this... and their response was quick... and I got a list of about 7 M.D.s local ...

also, I've since saw my doctor and found out she is not a diver... she's a snorkler... and a lot of her friends scuba... so she's a "yet" diver... she says that she's pretty sure she will learn scuba in the future... cool.

hey, I'm in Doylestown PA .. a fellow PA'er

Incidentally, I just finished training at university of pennsylvania. There is a dive medicine program there, it mostly concentrates on emergencies, and dive clearence. There is also a diving primary care medicine office at thomas jefferson hospital run by Dr Marv Gozeman, a very knowledgeable diver, and avid cavediver.

Cheers
DrBabar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom