Looking for a NYC course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted a reply. Great advice and some good recommendations - I really appreciate it.

Thanks again!

Hello, i recently gained much interest in diving after spending a week in Ft Luaderdale and a week in the caribean doing lots of snorkeling and seeing (from above of course) enormous amounts of sea life.
I will definetly get certified, weather it is at the resort or here in N.Y., i live in Staten Island, i am also looking for local training that wont cost me a fortune and wont drag for 6 weeks, im really not interested in diving somewhere where all i will see in front of me is the front of my mask, for now i am only interested in being a recreational diver (later on i will worry about advanced cert. and rescue stuff).
I know there is a lot of you experienced divers here, so will someone steer me in the right direction plz, as far as training goes, and equipment (a favorite manufacturer), my budget is about $900.
Thanks

Try Atlantic Divers
www.atlanticdiversny.com

Im from Queens NYC and Im currently taking my scuba classes. I did a lot of research and felt that the prices in Manhattan were too much. I started to research places in Brooklyn and Queens and found Atlantic Divers to be the best and the cheapest. Their price in Queens is 2 divers for the price of one, $150.00, $75.00 each. Can't beat that. Totally recommend it. Instructors take good care of you. If you decide to go with them send me an e-mail and I will give you further information. The Open Water Certification is done right off Rockaway Beach which is close to the Verezanno Bridge.

santosnyc@yahoo.com

Good Luck

Try The Scuba Connection in Belle Mead, NJ.
It's an hour from NYC, Rockland County, or Philadelphia.
I'm pretty sure the price is $288 for the academics, check out dives, books and video.
They are family run; husband, wife, two sons.
They do check out dives at Dutch Springs and have a pool in their store.
I think they will do a compressed schedule.

Back
Top Bottom