Looking for advice...diving charters in Palm Beach area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

since I have 5 kids, three that are 16 or under & all certified divers, let me throw the Dolphin Sun into the hat. I am also an Advanced Open Water Instructor & we cater to family diving (the name of our biz is Family Dive, LLC). Anyway, if you are ever down Lantana way, ring me up and I will give you a family rate. Have a great day on Narcosis. Good choice.
Wil
561-886-8925

Hey all:

Just a quick follow up. We dove with Narcosis and the charter was great.

We expected a small charter because they don't normally run on Mondays, but with this past Monday being at the end of a holiday weekend and also being spring Break, they decided to run. We ended up with about 20 divers on the boat.

The first dive was Breakers. Water temp was 70-72 degrees and vis was maybe about 40-50'. Current was gentle...maybe 1-2 knots (not sure...but not fast). Nice easy dive. They put a dive guide in the water with us, but told us we could go our own way if we wanted. It ended up just being easier to all stick together, because we all wanted to stay on the reef and the current was running south along the reef. Lots of sea life, including a moray and some lobster. The guide said he saw a hammerhead shark at the end of the dive, but we had gotten out by that time.

Second dive was Pauls Reef (I think). It was further south. Interesting that this time, the current was running north. Anyway, another nice dive...saw 4-5 nurse sharks in the 8-10' size range. Current seemed a little faster on this dive, but still an easy dive.

Skill levels were all over, from first ocean dive to hundreds of dives. Most we in the 10-20 dive range, so we stayed relatively shallow. I don't think we went below 58'.

Can't say enough good about the Captain and crew...they were great. Drop off and pickup were coordinated well and they let divers with better air consumption stay down longer (we didn't all have to come up as one group). Safety was emphasized and they provided safety sausages for anyone who didn't have one, if requested.

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom