Question Looking for buddies from SF - any time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IncapableHuman

Registered
Reaction score
I live in San Francisco and am looking for people that want head down to Monteray (or north, but that seems less common). I have a fairly flexible schedule and really just want to get below the water.

I'm fairly new (about 15 logged dives) though eager to learn. I have Open Water cert and I'm on my way to the 'advanced' level. My goal is to intermix normal dives with classes rather than just rush through it.

All of my dives have been Cold Water with 7mm wetsuits. Even mix of shore and boat diving.

I'm happy to organize transport or whatnot - just need to find the people.

Might be worth while to add in your experience / training level :wink:

Also, look into the clubs, I think Aquarius does 2 club dives per week.

I’m up in Santa Rosa and go out to the Sonoma Coast, up around Stillwater Cove Regional Park. I’m self employed with a flexible schedule so I can get out during the week sometimes.
How much cold water and beach diving experience do you have?

I’m up in Santa Rosa and go out to the Sonoma Coast, up around Stillwater Cove Regional Park. I’m self employed with a flexible schedule so I can get out during the week sometimes.
I just edited my post. I've only ever done coldwater diving and have an even mixture of shore and boat diving. My schedule is flexible but does require a bit of advanced notice.
Might be worth while to add in your experience / training level :wink:
done!

FWIW I can't yet DM you (anti-spam rules) but I'd love if you'd DM me and we could work something out.

Another thought per our PM conversations,
Contact Marin Diving Center. Talk to John the owner and see if they do any fun dives up on the coast. I think they do. In fact, I’m going to contact him myself try and get them and their crew on board to come help us do urchin removal dives.

I've heard of Aquarius Dive Club and SF Reef Divers -- the other two new - so thanks for the suggestion!

Another thought per our PM conversations,
Contact Marin Diving Center. Talk to John the owner and see if they do any fun dives up on the coast. I think they do. In fact, I’m going to contact him myself try and get them and their crew on board to come help us do urchin removal dives.
I'll add this to my list.

To add to the thread: my main limitation is that I don't own a car. The ideal for me is that I find someone else near the city and can go along with them (of course I'll cover gas!). Another option is that I rent a car in advance - but that requires a fair bit more money and planning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom