Looking for dive equipment shop with large selection in Oahu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
T

theshusters

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My husband is thinking about getting his dive master certification and wants to buy his own equipment (BCD and Regulator). We live in a small town and want to go somewhere that has a large selection and try on stuff. No, we don't want to buy it online. We were recently in Key West and went into Diver Direct. Wondering if there are any Dive Equipment stores that big in Oahu or in Maui, because we are traveling there soon. Or is there one in St. Thomas by chance?

Wherever you live you should support your local dive shop. Maybe get to know the people there a little bit as well because you'll probably using them for future purchases and gear servicing.
Oahu Maui and St Thomas are probably not the best places to buy.

Why not check out dive shops in the Seattle area? Any dive shop in a vacation location is probably going to have higher prices due to transport costs and smaller selection than a mainland US shop.

My husband is thinking about getting his dive master certification and wants to buy his own equipment
These are often competing goals, so you might examine the underlying priorities:
  • If the drive for DM is professional (i.e., work with a shop), the associated shop typically wants you to have the same gear they sell. Meaning, the choice is not your own.
  • OTOH, if you want to get the gear you want, then just get it. But you hardly need a DM cert for that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom