Looking for dock space in Hollywood, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did you contact Jay yet, his dockage is cheaper. Yes you would have to haul it and clean the bottom annually but still cheaper than rack n stack.

And don't get me going on all the damage our boat suffered from the fork truck operators...yes they paid for it but it was ongoing as each new driver got trained and made oopsies. Also sometimes waiting an hour for your boat to get launched on a busy weekend morning, or waiting for it to be retrieved for an hour or two in the afternoon, was a PITA.

If you are going to pay rack n stack prices, for that monthly fee you could EASILY afford to buy a trailer AND a truck to tow it with. Six years ago I was paying $450/month at Harbourtowne for a 26 footer, who knows what it is now. My ex bought a truck and a trailer for the Grady and saved a bundle. Of course you need to have a place to park it, but he did.

I just sent him an email. we will see what he says. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

FYI, american offshore marina is 260+tax with unlimited launches. I you wanted to know a price for around here.

Damn that's cheap. Don't forget though that you may have to wait around for quite some time for a launch or retrieval, that's been my experience with two rack-n-stacks.

Also remember that every launch and retrieval has a tip involved. That does boost the price and if you use your boat often, it will really increase your monthly costs a LOT. The service you get from your lift operator is highly dependent on how much you grease their palms. :wink:

Rack-n-stacks are great, don't get me wrong, I just wanted to give you some of the experience I had in 5 years of using rack storage for a similar boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom