Looking for gear suggestions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of you girls have suggestions for wetsuit brands to fit women who are "ample" up top. I'm average everywhere else, so if I buy a bigger size, there's too much suit. Same goes for BC's...any preferences on the women's designs? I've used unisex BC's up to this point, but now I need one that's fairly roomy in the chest.

ChicagoMermaid:
I was just wondering if any of you girls have suggestions for wetsuit brands to fit women who are "ample" up top. I'm average everywhere else, so if I buy a bigger size, there's too much suit. Same goes for BC's...any preferences on the women's designs? I've used unisex BC's up to this point, but now I need one that's fairly roomy in the chest.

For a wetsuit, ask your LDS about a custom. Also, try on a Henderson Hyperstretch suit.

i recently bought the diva lx and hear it is also good for larger breasted women, due to the extra support in that area.
no worries for me though :wink:

wetsuit, i'd also recommend a custom, depending where you dive. you don't wanna feel cold, so you'll need a good fit.

Ok Chig. If your ample on top (God must have been good to you), you really should consider a custom suit. You're really not going to pay much more than you would for a quality rack suit. I got my custom wetsuit from Liquid Fit. You wouldn't believe the breast measurements that they require......above the B, below the B, at the B, nip to nip.....bra size, cup size, social security number....................in other words it is fit to you.....

Good luck,
SWT

Thanks so much for the suggestions. The more I think about it, I probably will end up going with a custom suit. I toyed with the idea last year, but this year I think I'm just going to do it. I'm guessing they can accomodate just about any size. (I'm a DD with normal proportions everywhere else...must be those Italian genes! LOL).
I have a Scubapro Classic BC, which buckles across the chest, and it's just become too uncomfortable. My old wetsuits squish me down just enough, but comfort is key. Think I'll look into one of the ladies BCs too. Thanks again! :wink:

I suffer from the exact same problem and I find the Diva to be perfect. No buckle across the chest but rather a lycra "bra" type thing. Doesn't give me speed bump boob either! I have a run of the mill wetsuit that smooshes me flat, but I can still breathe ok. Good luck on your quest for good fitting gear!

Mermaid,

Here's a pic of a BC called the Eclipse:
http://www.halcyon.net/mc/eclipse.shtml

Notice the two straps - one comes over each shoulder then runs around the outside of your chest on each side, and back under your arm to the plate. There is no chest strap. There are no bladders to squeeze your chest. It is infinitely adjustable, so you can achieve a perfect fit for you. Worth consideration.

<Doc ducks and runs out of the room>

If you're looking for a wetsuit....all I can say is..

LIQUIDFIT, LIQUIDFIT, LIQUIDFIT!!

Im not "ample" on the top, but I sure make up for it in the hips!!!! I dive the DivaLX and love it! It is a "Dragon Fly" design, giving you the best of a back inflate and jacket style BC.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I think I'm going to look into a Liquid Fit... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom